Massive oil leak

MMeier

Reaction score
Buddy has a 6.0 that has had a high pressure line or something that keeps breaking on him... guess its up behind the engine in the bellhousing or something...:dunno Anyone know of a "permanent" fix for this... like the 4th time this has occured now. This time up in Wyoming in the middle of effin no where. He is up there working a well and has just about had it with this truck, bad part being , its his drill rig. I tell him to buy a Dodge 5500... but... :dunno

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it the HPOP connector? Ford retooled that piece in 05-06 and it is a common failure, they usually do them under warranty and put them back like the 03-04's which is a permanent fix.

MMeier

Reaction score
He supposedly had the "permanent" fix done twice now... apparently, its still needs help . IIRC, everything has to come out in order to get to it... trans, t case, etc.. I belive the truck is an '05.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, everything has to come out in order to get to it... trans, t case, etc.. I belive the truck is an '05.

Thats not the HPOP then, they fix that topside. I've never heard of a leak like you are describing.

MMeier

Reaction score
I'll be talking to him later this week, if he makes it outta there... somewhere around Saratoga?... and see exactly what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online