Market survey - Do you want a Moose Blower?

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, gotta love the commitment to these trucks.

Like your Moose pump... I'm still in the market for, but has been delayed a year $$$$.... I've been pricing and waiting for the $$$ to build back up again, as well as a Hypermax I've priced and been saving for.

Besides the $$$, I still need to install new cab bushings, oversized to create clearance fr larger and added exhaust for the system.

I would gladly buy a turbo at that price and greater air flow.... but would be concerned about head bolts, thus needing to convert to studs.... another $400.00.

Why tell all of this? Because I'm interested, but it does take some effort to get to that point on a consumers list of to do's.

We too are a business, and not everything we offer is sold every day. Sometimes only once a year, but we still offer it. I'm more in the camp of offer it and they will come. What has to be decided is if the effort is worth it to "you"!

As a business, we offer everything we can that relates to what we do, even if it isn't a high turnover. We gain the occasional long term customer just because we did that one thing nobody else wanted to deal with. It's complimentary(not free), just not primary income/service.

Selfishly I'd say go for it. Ofcourse I'm the weird one who will buy something new v. spend all that time in a pick-n-pull to save $1 then rework the part to make it work

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad to hear more development for our IDI'S as well. Turbo advancements are something these engines desperately need. And Im sure what ever Mel does will be top notch. But just remember that even with the best turbo in the world there is only so much power to be made on 90cc's of fuel.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to reassemble my engine now and am still up in the air on a pump, injectors, and a turbo. I would like to be to the point of installing the said items in a month at the latest. I would be willing to be a test mule for a turbo, misters, and a Super Moose. PM me if you think you may want to do something like that. My current project can be seen here http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?61492-Project-94-CC-F350-Service-Pickup I do know I want a turbo upgrade. I was headed a different direction, but now this has sparked my interest. I'm trying to consider all my options that are out there. Limited as they may be. By the way Mel, great article on your pickup in DW. I always like see some old school in the diesel mags.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard that about 18 months ago but when I called them, they said they were still selling kits.

They are not at this time. mostly because I have all the castings from them, they surplused it out or were going to scrap it. so I bought almost all of it and am working on the rest.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are not at this time. mostly because I have all the castings from them, they surplused it out or were going to scrap it. so I bought almost all of it and am working on the rest.

You sneaky ******!

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would the down pipe situation be on a 093 system? That would add more to my costs if I had to build or buy a downpipe. See, if I go with a modded hybrid version of my factory turbo I plan on using the 3" housing upgrade and downpipe that I already have. What would buyers have to do in the downpipe department. I was just thinking of this now.