manuel boost controler on cl

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow.. I remember those from many years ago. My brother bought Steve Salenes number 21 car off the Detroit track some years back. About a year later he had Ake Miller install a turbo on it with an adjustable boost setup like that. Trailered it to Willow Springs to test it and found a noise. Called Ake and he drove up there with another turbo. Pulled the turbo to find a piece of metal from the custom collecter had fallen off and gone thru the hot side ruining it. Fre replacement too. That adjustable boost controll will be nice to have. Much easier than adjusting the wastegate rod....:thumbsup::sly

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.. I remember those from many years ago. My brother bought Steve Salenes number 21 car off the Detroit track some years back. About a year later he had Ake Miller install a turbo on it with an adjustable boost setup like that. Trailered it to Willow Springs to test it and found a noise. Called Ake and he drove up there with another turbo. Pulled the turbo to find a piece of metal from the custom collecter had fallen off and gone thru the hot side ruining it. Fre replacement too. That adjustable boost controll will be nice to have. Much easier than adjusting the wastegate rod....:thumbsup::sly

Back when I had a 1969 Ford Cortina I had almost every part to stick an 84 Ford 2.3 Turbo engine in it. I just didn't have time! Kinda made a ****** deal for me.

The Cortina was sic on it's own....11.5:1 comp, custom cam, bla bla bla...but I wanted a boost controlled turbo engine....some guy swapped out the turbo engine with a very hopped up 5.0 and left that turbo engine at the speed shop I worked at...rofl...

Anyway, now I can just upgrade to a 7.3 with adjustable boost instead of whinning screaming 4cyl....rofl