Manual glow plugs

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
I've been searching to no avail about manual glow plus. The only thread I can find tells me to basically add a momentary push button to the controller that grounds the relay. This works, but it it still allows the original glow plug system to run and the button will give me extra time if needed.

What I would like to do is keep the WTS light working, but only have the relay work form the push button and not function from the ignition switch.

Thanks for any help!

Large Marge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this and not a pro, but I have learned alot from this forum.
The benefit of having the momentary switch is that you can run the plugs as long or as little When You Need To. Plus you don't have to worry about cycling plugs everytime you turn the key and burning plugs up faster. Especially when the engine is already warmed up.
I have been looking for a link I found the other day that shows ya how to wire the wait light into the switch, but I didn't bookmark it. Basically you just splice the wait to start wire into the the momentary switch by the controller.
Sorry can't be more help, but I will say that I hooked that switch up and very pleased with results.

1989 F250 7.3idi 95,000!!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been searching to no avail about manual glow plus. The only thread I can find tells me to basically add a momentary push button to the controller that grounds the relay. This works, but it it still allows the original glow plug system to run and the button will give me extra time if needed.

What I would like to do is keep the WTS light working, but only have the relay work form the push button and not function from the ignition switch.

Thanks for any help!

If you take the white wire OFF and tape it, and put your momentary switch wire where the white wire USED to be, you will have control, the automatic control will not work and have no affect on the glowplug time. But the wait to start light will still come on for a period of time and then go out. At least mine does. But I just ignore it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online