Manual fuel tank selector valve questions

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Grainger got it all for me, should be ready tomorrow morning. Gotta pick up a few odds and ends now to get ready.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel selector wiring.

Attachments

• Fuel_ selector_wireing (2).jpg
    Fuel_ selector_wireing (2).jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 18
  • FSV wire diagram.jpg
    FSV wire diagram.jpg
    981.4 KB · Views: 23

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left the stock FSV in place and all it does it switch between sending units for the gauge.
And that does you no good when the TSV motor dies or seizes. Look at Oldbull's diagrams, you'll see the switch on the dash only controls the motor, and it's the motor that moves contacts in the TSV to switch gauges. The OP's TSV motor is inop already, leaving the assembly plugged in won't give him his fuel gauge readings back.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll be tackling this tomorrow after work. Hope to hell it works out! But I do have a Challenger as a rental which is pretty fun.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it today, along with a handful of clamps, wire/switch. The rest of the stuff should be ready tomorrow on my way home. My exhaust is coming in tomorrow too so maybe i'll be able to put that on this weekend. I'm also eyeing a Grant steering wheel on ebay....just can't picture spending that money on one yet, even though it is pretty cheap for what it is. You know of any fitment issues with their adapter?

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope no cruise. My steering wheel has the buttons though lol. Ugh, now i'm more tempted.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting topic. I do so like the idea of a simplified fuel valving setup. It sounds like the wiring is the most difficult part IMHO. Nothing that of course cannot be overcome with some effort or a second fuel gauge? Hmmm....eliminate all the stock gauges and hmmm...replace em with aftermarket....sweet!

Anyway good luck with it and do keep us posted...maybe pics of the parts before install...during and after???

Al

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a cruise box...
Could put it in the same box as the hood visor... LOL
Free since I have no idea if it works.
There ya go! And didn't someone recently ask what to do w/ a bunch of stuff they pulled from their? Get a hold of that person and demand their cruise servo.

No idea what you'd do for wiring the thing tho...

And then there is always the vernier cables, typically used as hand throttle when parked or crawling, but who/what's to stop you from engaging one on the interstate? I mean, other than the nuclear waste transport or bus full of nuns/orphans you will rearend if you don't remember to slap the cable handle back in before laying on the brakes, lol

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a cruise box...
Could put it in the same box as the hood visor... LOL
Free since I have no idea if it works.

lol! I don't particularly care for cruise. SO I don't mind losing it. Didn't you want a cruise wheel?

This is an interesting topic. I do so like the idea of a simplified fuel valving setup. It sounds like the wiring is the most difficult part IMHO. Nothing that of course cannot be overcome with some effort or a second fuel gauge? Hmmm....eliminate all the stock gauges and hmmm...replace em with aftermarket....sweet!

Anyway good luck with it and do keep us posted...maybe pics of the parts before install...during and after???

Al

Wiring is the easy part! The stock fuel gauge was up and running in about 5minutes. i've been taking pictures along the way, no worries. Just had a few set backs (not related to the truck for once).

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha ohhhh. I think mine was supposed to be a tilt column too but it doesn't tilt. I've been meaning to carfax it, pretty sure it was in a narly accident once or twice lol.

i got everything together, truck runs great (in the driveway), gauge switch works perfect. Just leaking fuel at some of the fittings, so i'll try to tinker with that some more tomorrow. I m also going to run two colored indicator lights, so that when both valves and the fuel switch is using the same tank, one light will light up. When everything is using the other tank, a different colored light will work. Not Necessary, but i'd like to rule out me being an idiot at some point in time.

I'll upload pictures tomorrow for sure :)

edit: my tail pipe finally came in too. so i'll be putting all that together. sweeeet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online