manifolds?

REBELHIGHBOY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some guy low ball me on my truck because the manifolds have not been done because they leak from the factory is this true?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not fimilar with IDI's if he says the "manifolds" leak. Not sure if he was implying the intake or exhaust manifold either. 6.9 headgaskets can be an issue if they've never been replaced, but on a 7.3 IDI, not really an issue.

Heath

REBELHIGHBOY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea he said would cost 1000 a side to replace I told the guy call me back when he had some facts

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Somebody is selling crap about the manifolds leaking. Thats right up off the stable follr crap. Now if this person is a buyer guess what... He is trying to get something for nothing but... If he really believes what he is telling you just walk away from him. He has no idea what he speaks of thats for sure. Its easier to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all dought..... BTW these manifolds are on all 6.9 and 7.3 engines turbo or not. They are all the same.. So I'm feeling this guy really didn't know what he was speaking of because this would be a big problem that many many owners would know of.....

REBELHIGHBOY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea he said he would give me 2500 bucks because its such a huge problem in these trucks if your going to low ball me atleast have a good reason

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Really? My manifolds have 21 years and 295,000 miles on them. Frankly I would be scared to mess with them. Cant imagine what a job it would be to replace them. However 2000 dollars is downright stupid. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...itu34Z9l3aa?itemIdentifier=439590_77295_5216_ So the manifolds are 225 dollars for the set. So labor is 1775$? Yeah right.

Of all the problems these trucks have, manifolds are on about page 7. Yes they may not flow the best, but upgraded headers are a rare and expensive item. Now the factory Y-pipe is a poor design, however, the best upgrade is not a better y-pipe, but a turbo, which does away with the y-pipe all together. A better muffler or a straight pipe will also improve the exhaust flow greatly.

Are you sure this guy didnt mistake your truck for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? The 4 Liter is famous for cracking the manifold

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled a set off an 83 F350 that was originally from NY. Somehow the truck made it down to Tx after 10 years in the salt and was still in one piece. Reached my air ratchet down in there and every bolt turned right out. Only ones that were questionable were the exhaust studs. He's either BSing you or I'm not charging enough

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:eek::angel:These exhaust manifolds are cheap all day long on ebay.. They are NOT A BIG SELLER EITHER... So there is no problems with them. Like I posted eralier on... These manifolds are on every 6.9 and 7.3 turbo and non turbo idi. Tell the fool to buy a chevy and be gone....:eek::angel:

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I apologize icanfixall...... but I had to

Its easier to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all dought.....

isn't it "It's BETTER to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."???? :rotflmao

to the OP, tell him to go **** up a fuzzy rope with his "leaky manifolds"

I'd love to see his face when he's searching for it and pops up this thread lol

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes jwalterus you are correct. I pleasurized the wrong quote didn't I....