Mac Pulse adapter

Bean

Reaction score
How is the best way to go about using one of these to time a 7.3? I just bought one brand new and not sure how to use it with there only being a 0 deg mark on the tab, how do I get 8.5 BTDC?

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like the same one that I have. I have a timing light that has a timing dial on the back of the gun. Use the dial to set the timing mark to zero and then check the dial on the back of the timiing light. That is what your timing is. Mel just told me that the timing should be 8 degrees before top dead center at 2000 rpm. That is from memory, double check that number. No matter what you do you should check with Mel, he is the timing guru.
Good luck,
Doug

'86 F-250 4x4
'89 E-250 ATS

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my math is right - 1 degree on the hd is almost exactly 1/16" on the hamonic balancer . Measure to left on the tap over from TDC 8.5 X 1/16" you and you will have your marking point . Alternatively, you could mark the harmonic balancer that amount to the right of the notch. So you could use a timing light that does not have an advance meter . I paln on buying a Ferret 765 diesel timing light adapter and using this method .

How is the best way to go about using one of these to time a 7.3? I just bought one brand new and not sure how to use it with there only being a 0 deg mark on the tab, how do I get 8.5 BTDC?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin