Lucky Find

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
So I was walking around the Daytona Beach Turkey Rod Run looking for parts for my 54 chevy and some other parts for some friends and I fell into a gold mine. I picked each of these kits up for $10 bucks each!! Pics speak for theselves:

You must be registered for see images attach

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Also picked this up for 60 bucks:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
haha, this stuffs not for sale, its more useful to me than a few bucks in my pocket, But if anybody local needs the use of any of it there more than welcome

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You did very well my man.... Usually the tools in the first box run around $150.00 on ebay... I bought two 6.9 tool kits for around $130.00 some time back. Just the seat reamer tool in the kit is over $300.00 ..... About the Rotunda timing meter... Its set up to time by the lumiy method but I don't see the luminosity probe.. If you have the probe its golden but if its missing... You have nothing. The meter wont work... Sorry to say that too.... I have two of those meters and two snapon mt 1480 meters and 4 kent moore j33300 meters with lots of lumiy probes.... The snapon probes are no longer sold... anywhere... Severl members here expressed a desire to buy these probes but... things are not happening yet... I'm selling the probes for $125.00 each if anyone is interested... Otherwise they are going on ebay soon.... I have no need for them and once they hit the ebay they are long gone... The ebay price has not been determined yet either...:sly Probably opeb at $150.00 and end at ???:dunno:sly

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
About the Rotunda timing meter... Its set up to time by the lumiy method but I don't see the luminosity probe.. If you have the probe its golden but if its missing... You have nothing. The meter wont work...

Its there, Everyting is in the kit except for a diesel fuel grading test tube thingy. The kit even had a "short ship notice" from back when the kit was shipped new with that part missing that said it would be shipped at a later date. I know the meter works, my buddy already timed his truck with it, I just havent had the time to do the research on how to use it correctly. The only timing Ive ever done was with a Ferret pop adapter to get 9.5btdc at 2000rpm And from what Iv heard the timing doing a luminoscity method you only shoot for like 2 or something

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bad!

I won a 7.3 Rotunda set off ebay a couple months ago for around $20...it's missing part of the fan clutch wrench set, but it has the injector line nut and most of the other stuff. I think it's also missing the IP mounting bolt wrench too...bah

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Tom it would be interesting to see where your lumy meter says the timing is t 9.5*BTDC. I'm guessing somewhere between 0 and -1.5 at 1400. I time with luminosity and shoot for close to TDC, mine has drifted to about -1.5 though. Luminosity timing is more dependent on fuel cetane levels and for my B100 homebrew I assume a 47+ Cetane rating and much lower BTU/unit than the old high sulfur diesel.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok im aroused
great find
awesome deal wish i could find all that

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dslbroncotom, when did the turkey rod event move from thanksgiving weekend? Just curious, I have lived in Daytona for for more than 35 years...;Really

Good find, though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online