Lope Idle

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking just for fun:D , is there someway that if i run a toggle switch to the timing advance wire from the high idle and make it have a lope idle

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
It's been done, I don't believe for a lope idle, but for advance under certain circumstances.

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya im trying to figure it out now i got all my wire exposed so i can figure out how the advance timing works before i screw around with it,i just came in to check my post

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just tried it and theres no way to get a sinificant enough advance to notice it

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Install a big cam is what the other poster said in the way he? said it.... Bump stick has been a slang term for camshaft for years... A stick with bumps on it is what a cam looks like....:dunno

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Hammer is right to get a lopey idle you need to play with the valve timing but in the IDI no one offers a different cam grind. I think it's because you can only fit a gnats butt between the valves and the piston when she's at TDC so no company has taken on the challenge.

zigzkidz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o i get it, i figured out how to do it, i **** some mechanics wire and hooked it on the advance timing lever and ran it into the cab, and all i have to do is pull on it and what a sweet sound:D