Looks like I'm in need of some new injectors.....suggestions???

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've finally sorted out a couple of my problems as to why my truck won't run right. First off, my "hunch" was correct and the diaphram in my bran new fuel pump was busted. It was pumping some fuel but also sucking air in with it, losing it's prime and also causing the IP to suck the fuel filter dry.

MY second, more serious problem is that 3 of my injectors are bad. A guy I go to church with is the diesel mechanics instructor at the local tech college and he tested my 8 from the truck and 8 OLD ones for free. Turns out only 5 of the 16 total were any good :'( 5 misted like they're supposed to and the others all popped off way to early and just squirted streams of fuel.....thus confirming his "hunch" that at least one injector was sticking open or had a dew bad ones (white smoke that burns your eyes) SOOOO now I guess I might as well order some injectors. I'm really looking for the best bang for my buck. I'm not looking for super performance, just some new injectors that will be reliable that won't cost me a fortune to get. I here BB's are best but doesn't really matter to me as long as they work. All mine are D codes. Found some on eBay from $150-$200 from places like DCP I think and Pensicola Diesel. Is there not a forum/thread for all injector dealers etc??? Cause I can't find anyone. I know about Moose injectors but I need something on the cheaper side. Thanks guys.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
No better bang for your buck than a good set of pop-tested BB codes. Thats if you can find them anyway. Maybe PM Type4 and see if he has a set for ya ;Sweet

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your on a budget, I would recommend new Delphi BB injectors. Mylex carries them as well as many other places. Do not buy eBay remans. They are no good. Of course, agnem and typ4 supply the absolute best injectors for not much more.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Stock, out of the box BB injectors are fine. Having them pop tested and set to the same relief pressure is icing on the cake. Both Russ and Mel should be able to help.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Typ4 (Russ) or Agnem (MEL) will hopefully have a set of new BB codes. The problem is they are hard to find these days because the factory has back ordered them once again. Please read the Hall of Shame fourm about DCP and Pensacola. We have found they give less than quality products or customer srevice. If you choose to buy new from any ebay seller just make sure they are new and not rebuilt. It costs more to rebuild an injecter so we ask ourselves how is a rebuilder doing anything more than just cleaning the injecters they are selling for $150.00. Many have tried to find parts for the injecters but they are nearly impossible to find and if you find them they are so expensive. When you replace the injecters you will need a return line kit too. Both Mel and Russ sell a great kit. The injecter torque is 35 lbs.

Thefarmboy21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'll try to PM both those guys. Is there a section with the members list etc? How do I find them the easiest way is what I mean?

I have a bran new net of return lines etc...only have about 30 mins of run time on them all. Would they be ok?!?! One injector wasn't sealed by the copper washer and came out coal black. My buddy said it probably wasn't toured right or the washer was too thin? But the guy That checked them said that injector had the best pop pressure of any of them. Pensecola says they sell bran new Delphi injectors for $249 with no cores....I dunno what code those are tho.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Only Delhpi BB codes are available much anymore. Sometimes we find some G codes but those are for the turbo engines and have been discussed many times here. The G codes are not as great as the Bb codes. Give Conestoga Diesel in Pa a call. Thats Mel who owns the shop. Someone is always there answering the phone. The address and phone number has been posted here a few times. Now if they are out of stock then buy form the ebay seller that "claims" to have new BB codes. Use a credit card in case you have some issues.