Looking to sell or trade

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
John,

Craigslist with pictures and it should sell. Set your asking price a little higher than what you want so that they can offer you less and the feel like they won and you still got what you really wanted or needed out of the vehicle. You know standard thing - that is how the game is played.

Coming on here and asking if there is any interest with no asking price and no pictures will not net you a sale - if it does I would be very very surprised. You might get an offer but it will probably be one that will tick you off, because the offer might only be for scrap value because offering a price on a vehicle that you can't see and know nothing about other that year make and model a person would be stupid if they made any offer above scrap value.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anytime I see an AD with no pics, I equate that the seller has something to hide. there is no excuse with technology these days to have a couple of pics at least. perhaps fifty years ago the "no pics" arguement was able to hold water, but not a chance in hell today.
the same goes for no prices posted. a price tells a potential buyer if the seller is serious or not. If it's priced too high, there is no reason to warrant a question.
good luck with your sale.
if you have something you consider unique and valuable, take and post as many pics as you can to stimulate max interest.
or use it as excuse to yet again to cry in your beer.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who said it was an ad?. if it were an ad it would have been placed in the for sale section. it was a post to see if anyone was looking for a vehicle of this type. if they were then an ad would have been placed with pics and a price. By the way I don't drink beer.:D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who said it was an ad?. if it were an ad it would have been placed in the for sale section. it was a post to see if anyone was looking for a vehicle of this type. if they were then an ad would have been placed with pics and a price. By the way I don't drink beer.:D
sure looks and smells like an Ad to me. (see below for orig text before editing)
I am looking to either sell or do a trade on my 1991 Ford PL Custom ambulance. I'd like to get a second vehicle and having two would make the ambulance cost way to much in insurance. I can get cheaper insurance if it was not an ambulance and their is only one insurance company that will write a policy without it being used commercially which is the insurance company i have. Every other insurance company will not write a policy because it is not being used commercially and they find it hard to believe that someone would actually drive an ambulance as their daily driver. Right now it has 213K miles on it. Everything related to an ambulance works such as siren, lights etc. I'd like to get a pickup with an IDI. Any interest?.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last two words were " Any interest?. ". At this stage lets just forget I even asked if there was "Any Interest" of which if someone asks if there is any interest why would they need to post pics and a price?. Don't bother answering, there is no need as I have come to the conclusion that there is no interest. When I do post it for sale and when i am ready to sell it i will be sure to post it with pics and a price, just not here but other venues.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
The last two words were " Any interest?. ".

OK, that phrase alone is an advertisement to sell or trade. For how much or what is yet to be determined. The pitch was all about how much insurance is because it is an ambulance.

Being petulant because someone wants pictures and prices is not really doing you any good, and telling the readers that you will not advertise it here (after you already have) is just childish.

An ambulance? Interesting, but not a big selling point. Lots of systems to go wrong or quit, some (siren and/or lights) will be illegal in some states and have to be removed. You have an extremely small demographic from which to draw buyers and the IDI crowd may be the largest part of that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker