looking for PCM info

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using the part number on my PCM, is there any way to determine if it's the correct PCM? I can't find any really good PCM information on the internet.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PCM, ECM, computer,.....whatever you prefer to call it but any IDI with an E4OD does have a PCM. It's what controls the transmission. It's also what gave me a code 26.

Anyway...anybody have any application information? Thanks.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have your PCM removed so you can look at the labels on it? The first two symbols of the part number (first will be a letter second will be a number, for example E9 or F0 or F4) will tell you model year of PCM, see if that matches your truck - E means 800-89 range, F is 90-99 range, and number is the actual year - so E9 would be '89, F0 would be '90, and F4 is '94. If you have say a '94 PCM in say a '92 truck something definitely ain't right. I know this ain't much, but it's a start...

About code 26 itself, I left a reply in your other thread about the TOT sensor.

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PCM, ECM, computer,.....whatever you prefer to call it but any IDI with an E4OD does have a PCM. It's what controls the transmission. It's also what gave me a code 26.

Anyway...anybody have any application information? Thanks.

Putting this in the first post would have been alot more helpfull.... ;Poke... LOL

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al, those of us who have embraced the E4ODevil are all too familiar w/ what PCM stands for, no real need to explain it. lol

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E9AF 14A624 AA is "inked" on the connector.

F2TF 12B565 CA is on the sticker/label. The code is Y2X.

The first number is 1989 and the second is 1992. Van is a 1993.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al, those of us who have embraced the E4ODevil are all too familiar w/ what PCM stands for, no real need to explain it. lol

Yes...and those who row row row yer gears...don't know and then wouldn't add

PCM??? wondering *** this person meant. There is no way of knowing if the OP or anyone who posts a comment like that knows the engine has NO PCM or not.

I find it very frequently that posts do not include enough information....to make an informed suggestion....MY posts inclusive of said statement.

It's like going to a McDonalds or fast food restaurant and asking for a Large.....A large what sir? ....OH a Shake....OK, what type sir....what have you got...chocolate strawberry ....what no vanilla? ....oh ok I'll have a soda then....what size sire...Med....what type sir............

Get my point...lmao.... ROFL

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
IDI uses a TCM. Transmission Control Module. No engine control.

PSD uses a PCM. Powertrain Control Module. Controls everything

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave 001, your PCM is a '92 part number, when was your van built? A vehicle built after August (or was it September) is considered next-year model, so it's very possible your '93 van was actually built in '92 and so a '92 PCM would be perfectly at home in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online