Looking for 1992 Cummins Auto

wbjames

07 2500 Cummins
Reaction score
Hey all, I find myself in need of a Auto O/D with the 4x4 housing. I have a 2x4 version for trade. Or I can purchase the trans. I am on the east coast, VA. Trying to get my truck on the road without breaking the bank. And believe it or not, the wrecking yards in VA do not have any of the Cummins trucks.

Many Thanks,
William

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
A lot of the junk yards down here have a computer locater system where they can usually pull from hundreds of yards around the country. You may call and ask them if they can do that there. If not, you can browse DTRs classified section. They sometimes have hard-to-find 1st Gen stuff for sale.

wbjames

07 2500 Cummins
Reaction score
Hey Rebel, yes I did call, and noone in this area has one. I also used http://www.partshotlines.com/ and found some in TX and NM. But the shipping charges make it too expensenve for a used transmission. Really surprising how hard it is to find one in this area. Even ebay is expensive. Not many will take a 2x4 trans as a core for the 4x4, so another 500.00 in core. Or those what will, the cost of shipping the core back..... And then their is the inital shipping cost. <sigh>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.