Light black and white smoke

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a new injector pump on my 93 7.3 from conastoga diesel and it got rid of my constant blue smoke so happy about that but when I actualy get to pressing on gas there is a light black smoke and white smoke my mpg still seems pretty bad but not as bad as it was and same with the power. Should I also replace the injectors? Has no gas leaks no oil in coolant or other way around. The back vavle covers are leaking a little.. Not horrible but just oil. And I do seem to be losing a LITTLE coolant about 200 miles the resavor goes down about a inch or 2 not gaining oil or losing.. Any ideas?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Should definitely do injectors also.

The coolant disappearing is a hard one, there's so many possibilities.
Radiator, hoses, heater core, water pump, head gasket, oil cooler, etc.

Did you get it timed?
Smoke could be from that.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Please contact Mel at Conestoga Diesel and but a set of Bb code injecters. He has new and used. I recommend new because they work. This forum has proven that many times. As for the installation of a pump without timing it. Well thats not the best idea but its got you on the road. I rent timing meters for just this issue. Nobody anywhere will time these engines. My meters are the Kent Moore J33300-A. I rent them with the 2 special tools to move the pump and loosen or tighten the nuts. You know those tuff to reach bottom ones. If interested please tkae this to a pm and ask me questions there. Many members have used this product from me. I'm happy to do something for the idi world that nobody else will. The best advance I have found is 9.4 degrees. My meters will break down the degrees of timing to the tenth of a degree thru the microprocesser computer in them. I give you my cell number to call with any questions doing the timing too. I don't sleep much and am on here day and nites...