lift pump?

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do i know if i need a lift pump in my cummins. im gonna do an airdog 150gph pump eventually but if i need one now im gonna do it now. it kinda growls when it starts. also another issue is it kinda bumps into gear hard. i know its typical of dodges to bump into gear, but as the truck gets up to temp, it gets harsher, by the end of the day its like a slam. any thoughts

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well get a fuel pressure guage on the truck asap 14-15psi is good at idle and it should never drop below 10psi even at WOT, as long as your staying within those parameters your stock pump is holding up alright. Also as far as your trasmission do you have a manual tranny or an auto? By the way you describe it im gonna guess auto. Have you ever changed the tranny fluid and filter and gone through and adjusted the bands in the tranny?

-Jordan-

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fluid is brand new in it. blood red when i got it. and i never adjusted the bands. im scared to get into the tranny lol

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha ha well id take it somewhere that knows what they are doing and have them checked. Its suggested to have them adjusted every 30,000 miles

-Jordan-

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol and 235k later.... no adjustment. im gonna go out and get a quote on it tomorrow. and probably pick up a lift pump.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool and get that fuel pressure gauge on there too, if u run with less than 10psi for too long you can burn up the injection pump. You may also want to look into a boost gauge and pyro later on down the road.

-Jordan-

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online