lift pump not a warranty item?

mmmmaher

Reaction score
My 2004 2500 diesel has been giving me a rough ride lately. Took it to the local Dodge dealer w/ error code po628 - low voltage @ lift pump. I understand that this is quite commom for the '04 and pump was changed to an in tank type. My question is the dealer stated that it is not covered under warranty(vehicle has only 58k miles), is this considered a non-engine part? They will be happy to provide a new in tank style upgrade for $1,200. I would put in an aftermarket AirdogII before I lay out that kind of dough for a new factory pump. It just seems that since the lift pump provides fuel and lubrication to the injector pump that this is a part that would be covered under what little factory warranty I have left? Any thoughts would be welcome - MM

condor74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call another Dealer just to verify it. At the Dodge Dealer I worked at we covered them up to 10years 100K miles.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the fine print im sure there is a loop hole around the lift pump being under warranty. If in fact it is not get a FASS lift pump (except the ddrp) and if your mechanically inclined at all youll be able to do it yourself.

-Jordan-

mmmmaher

Reaction score
Just a FYI and a thank you for the help. Talked to Dodge customer service and after review by the powers that be, they will relace the pump (parts only). I have to say the response time was impressive. Now I hope the local dealer performs as well as the head office!

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They go back and forth on this all the time...I think the main reason they hesitate to warranty lift pumps is the fact that the replacement pump is in fact completely different...not like-for-like parts.

They did replace the lift pumps under the 10/100 engine warranty for a while, then claimed it wasn't part of the engine after they figured out the engine-mounted pumps were less than reliable. I never had one replaced under warranty.

I'd look into a Air Dog as well, I've had the FASS 95/150 and currently have the Air Dog 100. Both are nice systems, but I prefer the filtration capability and mounting options of the Air Dog.

mmmmaher

Reaction score
Lift pump replaced by dealer in one afternoon. Parts were covered by Dodge. My bill for labor performed by the dealer for replacement was $169.00. They even washed the truck before returning it to me. I gotta say not a bad experience at all. Thanks again for all of your help.

MM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86