Leaky oil pressure sensor , WHAT am i missing ??

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not been able to get my oil pressure sensor and turbo oil feed line sealed. I have tried high temp liquid thread sealant and type 3 aviation sealant, neither have worked. The only other thing I can think of is black rtv ...

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put a oil pressure gauge in and a new sender i had the same issue, i had to pull the sender out *duh* and the nut it screws into, and clean it up with a tap *or die* i always get those 2 backwards....

EDIT::: i cant say about the turbo feed line, i dont know where it goes, nor if its setup is the same as the oil pressure sender.

Last edited:

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sensor isn't leaking but the long shaft thing it threads into is leaking at the block. It's super awkward to get to and very frustrating when it doesn't seal! The turbo line is easy to get to but I have to drop the cross over pipe each time which pulls my dp out, which is a pita to get back in snugly.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CLEAN.....CLEAN....CLEAN..... It's could be that the oil in the threads wont allow the sealant to seal correctly, I can only guess it's residual oil in the female side of the threads....A nice bristle brush that goes in there carefully with some cleaner or a small twisted LINT FREE rag soaked in brake clean and repeat a few times with new clean twists each time! Once you don't get dirt....do same to male portion...use a quality thread sealant NOT teflon tape ever for fuel or oil systems...EVER...assemble let set over night before firing up and you're likely GOLDEN!

If you already do this...then maybe your threads are worn out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger