Lack of airflow with blower motor

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has noticed that the blower motor in their truck doesn't push a large volume of air. In my '92 crew cab even with a cold front due to the frigid temperatures here in AK it seems the blower motor struggles to push enough air to defrost all my windows. The truck does get plenty warm enough because the air coming out is hot but the blower motor doesn't seem to be pushing a large enough volume of air for the size of the cab. I haven't dug into the switch or look at the wiring yet to make sure that the motor is operating at the proper speed/voltage for each setting but it does run at each speed. If anyone has an ideas or pointers on what to look at first...or has encountered this problem and been able to adapt a different blower motor to push a larger CFM volume of air I would appreciate some information.

Thanks
George

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth...I swear my heater blows out more air on every setting after the truck has warmed up and it's blowing good hot air out of the vents.

Last edited:

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine lacks airflow as well. My A/C fins are smashed and I think the heater core is plugged.
My '91 F150 (no A/C) moves air like a tornado in comparison.
I read that a crown vic blower motor will move more air. Is this really true?

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
there is a way to upgrade the wiring to the blower and also put in a relayed ground.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW I also had to pull out my blower motor and pull a squirrel nest out from in front of my AC condensor last spring...something like that will definitely limit airflow.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
ghunt - I have the same experience with my truck, I think perhaps the grease in the bearings warms up and allows the motor to roll a little faster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin