know wat this is

dixie_stud69

Reaction score
i have this little box that came on my truck it goes to tranny wiring harness on box has a knob and alot off words rubbed off but can see clearly
1. ___rise
2. e40d
and around knob has 3 settings
1. forward boost
2.heavy duty boost
3.performance
can someone inform me how it helps out does it increase tranny line pressure or wat?
sorry no pics:dunno

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
didnt one of the other gasser trans people make something like that, cant think of the name. B&M maybe

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B&M did make a electric shift controller for the E4OD tranny. it connected to a couple of wires at the computer to controll transmission shift points and such. i used to have one on my 96 F150. it wasnt worth the money, a month after i had it it shut down my tranny on the way to college, trk wasnt very old either. i barely got to school, let it sit there while i was at class. before i went home i disconnected it and my tranny never acted up again.

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the consensus on the banks unit? i know a guy that has one, he claims it helps the trans to shift harder too (thus prolonging life of the trans?)

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hard shifts drain and fill with type f itll shift harder thats what my rebuilder told me to use

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, can someone compare Type F and Mercon whatever, That is, what makes Type F unsuitable for use? Too thick when cold?

And second, am I wrong in thinking that harder shifts are better for the trans, longevity-wise?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC type F has the sticky stuff in it like you add to the differential. Type F is what was used in the first automatic transmissions.
I sure wouldn't want my trans. to bang in, a smooth pickup of the load would be better on the driveline components I would think. Of course if you like rebuilding trannies, replacing U-joints twisting drive shafts and stuff like that, have fun, but then you can also start a thread on here like, *** my trans. is slipping. or *** all of a sudden vibration. etc.

Not directed at anyone in particular. Just my observation of a lot of added mods that tear up a perfectly good truck, and then wonder what happened. :D

This is #12 post--bet it goes to #80.

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
i have this little box that came on my truck it goes to tranny wiring harness on box has a knob and alot off words rubbed off but can see clearly
1. ___rise
2. e40d
and around knob has 3 settings
1. forward boost
2.heavy duty boost
3.performance
can someone inform me how it helps out does it increase tranny line pressure or wat?
sorry no pics:dunno

Mr Stud,..Looks like Mr Bill Nailed it,..

But really I am just laughing at your sign name,..LOL

Black dawg

Reaction score
So, can someone compare Type F and Mercon whatever, That is, what makes Type F unsuitable for use? Too thick when cold?

And second, am I wrong in thinking that harder shifts are better for the trans, longevity-wise?

quick shifts are good for the clutches, but hard shifts will eventually break an e4od.
Ive run one of those pressure risers on the lowest setting for about 50k. I put it on after I turboed because it felt like the engine was beating up on the trans. It did help out, but there are better ways to do this. I was planning a zf swap so I wasnt really concerned. still no zf. dammit.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Type F doesn't have the friction modifiers that Mercon or Mercon V has. Down the road type F will cause the tranny to fail. Usually the converter clutch is what fails.

When to use type F in an E4OD. When it's going to die. This a band aid for a slipping tranny. Be prepared to rebuild or replace the tranny real soon.:eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online