Killer deal on NEW starters!

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First one lasted 5 or 6 years, started turning the motor over slow, but still started. Tore it down and it was all corroded inside the motor, attribute its early death to some nasty flood water I drove through. 2nd two or three years still going. I have put the db starters on a few other applications and all seem to work well. Only other failure is one for a co-worker who insisted starting his 7.3 powerstroke with dead glowplugs in Montana winter weather, 2nd one with new glow plugs did much better.

Last edited:

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaluhn, I have the AZ starter as well, and mine does do the not quite engaging thing every now and again. Had it about two years, no reason to replace it yet, and it does spin fast. Even though the lifetime warranty initially makes me suspicious of parts (if they're quality, they shouldn't NEED a lifetime warranty), but hey, starter is pretty easy for me to change out in an hour, so I can deal.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Hour? You must be getting old. Lol
I did mine in about 5-7 minutes in the autozone parking lot.
I have the autozone starter on my PSD. Been going strong.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Lol. I had some practice with the old starter. Pulled it and rebuilt it, pulled it again because the grease I used was junk, pulled it again to replace the solenoid, another time to test it on the ground, then the final time to replace it.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a DB electrical unit and it starts the truck as soon as I hit the key. The starter above looks just like the one in my truck.

Black dawg

Reaction score
woudl you say this turns over better than the stock mitsubushi one?
i have brand new 850cca batteries and my starter is less than 2 years old but when it gets real cold outside she doesnt want to crank fast at all.

the starter he put on IS the stock mitsu that these trucks came with. the one he took off is an aftermarket copy of the powerstroke planetary reduction, for idi applications.

Last edited: