Kick the tires and light the fires

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Soooo.. how about them Colts:rotflmao :rotflmao

hahaha.... colts suck... see them bears run 92 yards though???? geez!!

not that I have anything important to say at this point. We just left NH had to be -20 with a dayum windchill... the dodge did just find up there... as it should have with only 17k miles on it. One round of glow plugs and off we went, horse trailer and all..... ;Sweet

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
This thread has taken so many twists and turns it prolly doesn't matter any more, sure was alot of fun though.

The old IDI fired up without a complaint around 20 something this morning. First time I ever used a block heater, because the GP controller just went on the fritz and was surprised at the difference it made.

do yo need one?
i got a spare GP controller if'n you need it?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do yo need one?
i got a spare GP controller if'n you need it?

Not right yet.....I'm not driving it much right now and Mama's '03 Yota Tacoma is backup trans so I'm gonna finish a few other projects before I dig in to patch it up to sell it. I want to make sure that's the problem and the Superduty is running right before I toss parts at the IDI.

Thanks, Mike

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I know we have hijacked this post but...

well just let me know,
have you ever heard of this place? Eastern Automotive?
i think it is in four oaks?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know we have hijacked this post but...
well just let me know,
have you ever heard of this place? Eastern Automotive?
i think it is in four oaks?

This thread has been jacked so many times but always comes back to cranking up a cold diesel

Yep...That was the 1st place I went today to look at a front cover...They're the ones who seeminly tried to snow me on the crap front cover from a '99 core turn in and really didn't know if it would properly cross or not even though I did, they seemed reluctant to even pull it off the shelf for me to look at when I stated I wanted to inspect UNDER the lube oil pump that they had left attached...see my other post upstairs for details http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showpost.php?p=185992&postcount=53 ...I'll never go back

Now back to the COOL vids;Sweet

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
another dark vid, but at least it points back to the original topic!

You must be registered for see images attach

been busy but i hope to take yall for a ride in my IDI this week;Really :shoot: ;Sweet

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess what I learned tonight? If you click on the film-strip bordered "pictures", they done turn into moving-type pictures, like on muh tele-machine!

Neat vids though... anyone got one of a nicely idling IDI, with some solid sound? For comparison purposes. I hear a soft-ish tick on mine: on a gasser I'd think it was a lifter or something, but I almost thing it has something to do with the injection system...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 degrees here this AM. No point in even videoing it. The Moosestang starts with no fanfair. Any more mentioning of the colts, and I'll lock this thread. I hate the colts. I'm from Baltimore. -cuss
LOL

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
-cuss i left my IDI ignition key on after my last unsuccessful start and killed my batts:mad: they look swollen so it looks like they froze-cuss i put my charger on them so we'll see what happens. i have 2 spare batts in the barn but still it bugs me to waste those batts.:rolleyes:

video posting is fun. Mel if you dont wanna participate it's your loss;Poke :rotflmao

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I did not think Durges had plugs....

you are right...according to adrian they have an "intake grid heater" i didnt know that, my knowledge of dodges isnt very good. but either way, one round of that and it fired. just figured I'd let yea know me was wrong. :D

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Man, we gots some ADD goin' on in this thread. Heres the other day startin' the 352 FE.

Try number 2

Adrianspeeder