just ran tranny fluid 89 ford idi

drive for free

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just ran a batch (almost a full tank )of tranny fluid that my buddy has had hidden in his barn for atleast 15 years. i was super scheptical at first because this old stuff clogged my filters bad. (some kind of grey junk). i seem to have more power, than running on oil or diesel. anyways just wanted to tell about my experience.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i like running tranny/hydraulic oil the best. runs better than WMO.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
me too, is synthetic hydraulic ok?

i dont know, i have run synthetic but only in smaller quantities. i have heard a large amount will be hard to burn but i have not noticed a differance myself.

drive for free

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try and find some motorcycle oil that stuff is usaully very nice to run. and im sure motorcycle shops will almost pay you to take it.

nateman73

Reaction score
New to wanting to run WMO so I got a question. Where do you *** the 1 micron filter bags? I've got about 50 gals of mixed oils. Motor oil and small amounts of gear oil and atf. Probably only 1-2 gals of gear oil. already gravity filtered through a t-shirt for starters. Thanks for any help.

B money

Reaction score
New to wanting to run WMO so I got a question. Where do you *** the 1 micron filter bags? I've got about 50 gals of mixed oils. Motor oil and small amounts of gear oil and atf. Probably only 1-2 gals of gear oil. already gravity filtered through a t-shirt for starters. Thanks for any help.

+1 on that I would like to start filtering oil and I have no clue where everyone is getting the filtering equipment.

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Do a search through the topics in this thread. There are many posts about filtering. I have made several posts about my filtering system and types of filters. I think using an actual fuel filter as the final filter even if you use bags as your initial filter type is important.

drive for free

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ebay. make sure you order the bigger 7' diameter x16" long bags. make filtering easier. because you can filter more volume.

Last edited:

drive for free

Full Access Member
Reaction score

gear oil huh? your braver than me and ive driven almost 5000+ miles on oil

drive for free

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would try to see if you can thin down the gear oil with diesel first before you go putting that in your tank. just my $0.02