Just joined

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would say Hi !

I have just joined Oilburners.net and am very impressed with what I have found.
I am still using my 1986 F250 that I bought new and have used almost daily since. Other than a bit of rust around the wheel wells, the truck is in pretty good shape.

Look forward to being able to contribute sometime in the future.

Thanks for the great forum !

mariner45

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You are one of the elite few who have had their truck since new, congrats ;Sweet

Looks like you've added a turbo, how long has that been on there for?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and glad to see an original owner from way back. As posted above you are in a select group. I think only Agnem is the only other owner from day one with his 84 truck. Great to have you in the club and I hope you can share some findings of what your truck has done for you. These are really simple trucks and motors. All it really takes to make one run is around 9 volts to the fuel shutoff solenoid if you have a standard tran truck. Some members are trying to fabricate a manual fuel shutoff so they wont need any electrical requirement to run these trucks....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Had the truck since '86! That's impressive. You'll love it here. Lots of good guys and good information. I'd love to see your truck in person. Hope you can come to the annual Rally. Just click the link in my signature for more information on the Rally.

I've got two '86 IDI's, but I'm certainly not their 1st owner. I was 10 years old when they were built.:D

Heath

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - that sure was quick :D

Yes, the old F250 is a great truck,though it has had it's problems over the years - just like any other. And, of course, the Ford dealers ***** new diesel truck owners on fuel injection pump/injector problems - even under so-called warranty fixes. Those days are long gone and with the advent of the internet, so much more is available to the owners. I have several times thought of selling it but cannot bring myself to doing that. I know the history of the truck and what it is like mechanically - so selling it seems kind of pointless.

My other truck is a 2002 Dodge 3500 dually and is the fair weather truck (summer use only) - the F250 the winter truck - it actually handles better than the Dodge and is much cheaper to fix once you know where to buy stuff.

Oh, the turbo is a CTS turbo - Canadian Turbo Systems, non waste gated (no longer made, but parts are available) and it was installed in 1993. It has run trouble free since and has really increased the power of the engine and made it about 30% or more, more fuel efficient too.

I am about to go down to the garage and do a bit of body "get me bye" paint repairs. Some rust spots to grind out and treat. It isn't a lot of work, but treating paint chips early sure save a lot of rust developing. My tailgate it starting to get noticeable so I am gonna do what I can to clean it all up.

Thanks again for the replies - I feel good about this site already.

Thanks guys

Cheers

mariner45

mariner45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here a couple of foto's I am trying to upload.

Thx

mariner

Attachments

• 141.jpg
    141.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 7

FordGuy100

Reaction score
CTS turbo's are few and far between. Every now and then we do see a guy post up about them. Definatly a good looking turck you got there!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Hammerdown is the original owner of his truck, but yes there are not may that are 1 owner.... some that have stayed in the family.... Like FordGuy and 6_Nebraska, have been handed down.........

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to another original owner! Always good to see someone else had the fortitude to hold out for 22 plus years. I ordered my 83' and it was the first Ford Diesel pickup my dealer ever sold. I got it under roof within 2 years of taking delivery, and have kept it that way ever since. Would you believe my paint is still original? How about yours? I think by 86' they fixed the peeling paint problem, but I'm not sure. I can't believe mine will turn 28 next summer. God has blessed me to keep it for so long. Bet your truck has some stories to tell also. Mine escaped certain fate at least twice.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Welcome to oilburners! Thats a good lookin truck you got there! I've always loved that 2 tone on That style!!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if he didn't state he is the orig owner, I would have thought he bought Ziggsters40's old truck....
welcome to the site btw.;Sweet