"Just gas tanks" any good?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Anyone get any plastic fuel tanks from just gastanks? My front tank the lock tabs rotted so it leaks full and the rear just started leaking from under the strap, the shower head is messed up as it cuts out at 1/4 tank, so it was due. I went on there and could get 2 tanks for $321. Here's their site I looked up under "ford powerstroke".

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like lots of bucks, I'm sure its a good product.
A couple years ago got some regular tanks from a salvage yard, they've been working good since, about $20 each, IIRC

Nrliftedranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive installed some of those tanks they are really nice pieces good southern tanks around me can be had for around 50 each with the sending units

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my tanks have several sheet metal screws and washers to fix pin hole leaks, lol, I'm pretty cheap and won't replace them until there's no hope.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my tanks have several sheet metal screws and washers to fix pin hole leaks, lol, I'm pretty cheap and won't replace them until there's no hope.
with the cost of fuel, I like my tanks to do what they're supposed to do. keep fuel in. :D

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped $40 worth or diesel when I discovered the first pin hole. since I took the rock catcher off and patched the bad spots I haven't had any issues. If I only had one tank I would have replaced it.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i'm going to jersey Oct 17, id like to have them in before that so I can run both tanks. When you coming out and how much for a front and rear tank?

Nrliftedranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more than likely towards the end of the month need to see if i can get a friday off to head out that way 50.00 each for clean southern tanks i can look further into it if need be and send some pics these are usually all factory ford tanks

Nick

Nrliftedranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish i would have known sooner i bought some parts from jason moyer met him at summit racing by my house could have given them to him for you at least gotten them closer