Junk Yard Find(s) Questions

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
So I was looking around a local junk yard, in the very far back, hidden from regular view I found a bull nosed 7.3 with an ATS systems garret waste-gated turbo setup.

The yard wants $150 for the whole setup.. End shaft had very little play either side to side or in and out. It looks like the input impeller is, it has some damage, but I don't think it'll prevent it from working. I was also told you can upgrade it, and if I did that it would take care of the bad inducer impeller.
Here's a couple pix I snapped. My question is is this a good system (granted any turbo is better than none) but I just want to know as much as I can before I pull it off, and potentially waste my $$$

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Also found some G3 alternators and they wanted $20 for them. :D
Not to mention lots of other tid bits; some nice F4000 mirrors, some ZF5 transmissions, the engine 7.3 wire harness for $40; with the glow controller.
I was like a kid in a candy store! I have to be careful of what I buy though; because that will mean I actually have to install them on my trucks :p

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I paid 600 for the same setup and thought I did well, mine was not so chewed up though. They are a good turbo system but I am thinking of pulling mine to set up a more efficient system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle