It's like a new truck!!

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my truck out on the hwy today. Drove it about 300 miles. Ran absolutely perfect, without a single hickup. No bubbles in the overflow, and didn't burn a drop of oil. Gobs of power, and soooo smooth with the balanced engine.

I only got 2 problems. I have a Turbo pump and "G" code injectors on it, so I don't want to burn it up, so I couldn't really give 'er much.

The torque converter unlocks everytime I go to signal a lane change? ***?
Anyone shed any light on that?

Other than that, it runs great. Love the way it shifts.

Zigg :)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The torque converter unlocks everytime I go to signal a lane change? ***?
Anyone shed any light on that?
zigg-
you got a signal feedback going through the brake circuit. Your convertor will unlock when you step on the brake pedal and your signal indicator is replicating that. Not supposed to. somewhere you have a crossed wire in the back chassis area.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doug

It's sure nice to go out and put the key in, and it just goes off, and runs perfect.

Calvin.

Of course, as usual you're right, found a taillight completely dead(full of water) and the connections all corroded, so I'm sure that'll be the problem.

This tranny is about the only thing I'm not familiar with on this truck, and from what I've heard, I've got the heeby jeebies about having one, but for every guy that's got bad things to say about the E4OD, there seems to be one who just loves it.

This one is not the original, so what year it is I don't know, but so far it seems to run nice, so I'm gonna get a new filter and fluid done on it, and maybe put a second cooler inline with the first one, and then just go with it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Zigg. What you have is a brake lite our turn signal lite filament touching the brake lite filament. In other words one of your front or rear tail lites are burned out. I had this same exact problem and Mr Roboto helped me out. I was really surprised when I found it. Check it out and post back what you find. Mine only happened when I used the left blinker....:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a big relief for you I'm sure! Congrats! :thumbsup:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
:cheers: GREAT JOB Zigg ;Sweet

This being your first real experience with the E4OD....... defective brake lights can and will destroy them!

Driving in OD with flashers on will also nuke them.

Why you give up rowing gears ;Poke ;p :D

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either a burned out rear bulb (no brake lights up front) or a bad ground at one of the rear lights will cause the TCC to unlock when turns or hazards are used.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As usual, good advice here.

Put in the new Drivers' tailight this morning, and lo and behold, no more unlock when turn signal on.

Why you give up rowing gears

I guess it's a combination of things. I live in the city, so with my splitter, it gets pretty tedious. I've also had surgery on both shoulders, and they're strong, just not as good as before, and they get tired, and mostly, it was just what was in the Crewcab I found, and they are more rare than hen's teeth around here, so I grabbed it.

Thanks guys...

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Glad to hear your truck is working finally. Will have to write down "precups too big" on my list of crap that can go wrong :dunno ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online