It's Been Awhile But I'll Have A Large Order of General Tao

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Well, small update.
Got the clutch a few weeks back and a buddy and I put the clutch, transmission, driveline, turbo and batteries in. Having an issue with the electric pump and the fact that the tanks are full of wmo and OLD gas. Plus, the truck sat for a couple years so I think the injection pump is sticky. It'll run for about 10 minutes and cut itself off. Going to pump the tanks out, order a new electric pump, dump some good diesel in and let the diesel kleen that I filled the filter with do its thing with the injection system. I also upgraded to a 3" psd downpipe with vbands on the elbow of the turbo. All of the difficult stuff is done, now it's just nitpicky. Got to sort out some wiring and get it rectified, put the factory turbo airbox on and other minor things.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
To continue, the truck now moves under its own power and also has a fresh starter and starter relay in it. Anyone have recommendations on good fitting crew cab carpeting?

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a Crew Cab, but the stuff rock auto sells (ACC brand) worked alright for me. I had to do some cutting to get it to fit, but for the price I am happy with it.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
ouch, that Florida sun was ******* that orange paint.

great to see a cool old truck brought back!

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snorkel maked me wonder... the intake on that must be almost 5 feet off the ground! Not sure what you need to drive through that needs more? :fan:

Are you going to paint? Ford code KG would look nice.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Snorkel maked me wonder... the intake on that must be almost 5 feet off the ground! Not sure what you need to drive through that needs more? :fan:

Are you going to paint? Ford code KG would look nice.

Yeah, it's getting a nice coat of JLG Orange. Lol the snorkel has been removed and it's getting a factory turbo airbox and intake piping put back on. The PO lived in Miami and the height and snorkel were needed during adverse weather.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
ouch, that Florida sun was ******* that orange paint.

great to see a cool old truck brought back!

Yeah, the sun here didn't do the poor thing any favors. Lol.

Truck is running MUCH better thanks to a few gallons of fresh fuel and my buddy couldn't help but swap his tires on The General.
You must be registered for see images attach

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Well, I've been using it as a dedicated daily the last month or so. Before that it was whenever I felt like it. Group 31 batteries, Luk SMF conversion, high torque starter, converted to a 3" downpipe, put a better inline pump on it since the Racor setup got lost somewhere down the line before me getting it. A few things reared their heads. It likes to use oil, runs about 6 psi oil pressure at idle, needs injectors, the bad fuel in the tank hasn't worked its way out yet and I had one of the 37 militaries blow out and come off the wheel on me. Pics incoming.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members