It lives!!

surfib

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new pump and injectors installed last night! cranked it over, tightened the lines, but didn't have enough juice to get it to kick over.

Charged it overnight, kicked over within a few seconds, super rough idle, let it run for about 5 minutes, found all my leaks, including a few pain in the ass ones on the pump head. Everything is good to go!

Tons more power than before, much cleaner sounding, little bit of smoke on acceleration, pretty much a night and day difference.

My old pump ended up being a total disaster. He said it looked like they rebuilt it with the best used parts they had!

Went with G code injectors as reccomended by the shop, and he tested them and calibrated my pump and turned up the fuel a little to match their pop pressure and spray pattern

I know most guys are anti G code and it's all about the BB but overall I am pretty satisfied.

Next up is my inline fuel water seperator since I found out I've been rocking a fuel filter on a 6.9 filter head since I bought the truck, and who knows how long before that!

Thanks to Mel(Agnem) for the killer write up, without it I would have been lost. And good old you tube and the guys who made videos of their pump and injector replacement!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you have the rig running now. Did you time it and what was the method of timing....Pulse or luminosity. Pulse is what most use and 9.5 dbtdc is what we like to run with todays fuel.