IT LIVES!!!! PICS and VIDEOS INSIDE

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
We just took it for its first drive in over a year. It actually takes off in 2nd gear without falling on its face! I think its a bit out of time, cus it smokes something crazy (looks like a powersmoke with a chip). Its also got some crazy blow by, and it leaks oil like a sieve out the front and rear mains. The front doesnt bother me, the rear ****** me off. I dont know what I do wrong with these rear mains, but every one I ever do leaks.
Top EGT I saw was 1000 and that was with the pedal to the floor going through 3-4-5. Top boost was around 9-10 lbs, which is a little high if you ask me for a stock tuned pump, but hey I'll take whatever I can get right now.
Anyway, here's the good stuff! Pics and vids.
Oh, it goes, from left to right as you're looking at the pic, Me (Sean), Dad (Jerry), and my brother Jarrod
And theres one pic of my dad attempting to do some sort of upside down peace sign, gangster style. lol
You must be registered for see images

http://photos.imageevent.com/allysse/allysse/spics/100_2248.MOV
http://photos.imageevent.com/allysse/allysse/spics/100_2249.MOV

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Now thats a happy family picture. Yes, things really do feel good after working so hard to make something happen. Its better than a home run...:thumbsup: Congraduations and just keep the wheels pointing down to the road.....

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, your dad's one crazy fella! Truck looks good tho, now let's talk shipping it to my place? lol Good job!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Haha, yea my dad was a little over joyed that the thing didnt throw a rod in the first 30 seconds. It had one terrible squeaking sound for a few moments that Im sure was a bearing of some sort that had some rust in it. But other than that it runs decent. The DMF still chatters a little while running, so its still running on uneven pulses or something.
I have to take back the statement that it will take off in 2nd under its own power. NOPE. I tried it and sorta killed it, but caught it just as it tried dying and the it started running extremely rough so I shut it off and restarted it and all was good. But it was almost like it was running backwards.
Im thinking the worst oil leak is coming from the turbo, why I dont know but its coming from up top somewhere and thats my best guess.
We're going to track down that bad oil leak first, and then probably take it in to International to get it timed.
We have our own 1480 meter but our probe has a crack in it and wont time correctly. Plus I want to get the idle timing set to where it actually has some power.

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after 6-7 months of rebuilding I am almost to the point of putting my engine back in! I also had trouble with the rear main and it was one of the two lip kind of seals. It looks nice all painted up.

Paul B

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
So what do ya guys think of all the blow by? Is that because its only got 3000 miles on it, or what? I've never seen one blow out that badly before.

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks ok to me. What does the blowby look like from the oil fill instead of the
dipstick tube?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Im running a RDT into the exhaust (non vented and sealed system), so above idle it all goes away. It kinda puffs out of the fill hole as well though.

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds good to me. cost me 109 to get my last truck timed. Good looking truck y'all got there.

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, good price. trying to describe the appearance of normal blowby from
the oil fill is a little tuff but my 6.9 w/425psi of compression in all 8 would
run a stream of the stuff at idle that would just appear at the top of the
tube and be streamed back by the warmed up viscous (sp?) drive fan. No
vertical height just a stream back.

Don't know if this helps or makes sense.......but I'm trying!