Issuses this morning

85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this morning I went ot the to truck to start it up and hopped in and as soon as I turned the key all the lights went out.???? And the starter would not even engage. So I got pissed went up to the garage and lit a cig and looked back at the truck and to my delight the dome light was on. So I went down and she fired right up and then was fine all day (got started abour 4 times just to check it.) After it started in the morning all the radio settings and the clock were all as if the battery's had been disconnected. What could this issue be? I can't have this happen on a drive to work. Thanks in advance. ---Mike

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever this has happened to me it was caused by bad ground cables, bad terminals or a fender relay working whenever it felt like it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the battery cables off and clean them and the battery posts.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You lost the positive connection to the fender solenoid or the passenger side battery positive post is corroded. These trucks have two grounds from the battery directly to the block but one positive cable to the solenoid on the passenger fender...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Started the Excursion one morning, and when I turned the lights on everthing died. It was the battery posts. Weird how you can have intermittent contact that will carry hundreds of amps one minute, and not 10 amps the next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online