Ip questions

bubba_89

Reaction score
I got my new injection pump and installed it just like I took it off and lined all marks and dowel pin up. Yes yes I knw they're just there to get it running.. Ran it dwn t road to get t air left over out. Pulled in and it was loping like a 454 and rocking the truck. Had to stay on the throttle cuz it lost idle. Would die out every time I'd let off the throttle. Any help on how to fix both problems before I hafta send the pump back and try again..

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
did you loosen the injector lines, and run it until you got fuel? Air can get trapped in there, and then you've lost a cylinder.

You may also want to try bumping it a MM or two advanced to see if that gets it running a little better.

bubba_89

Reaction score
Yes cracked all lines until fuel ran out.. No not out of fuel cuz I filled both tanks before ip desided to go out. Lol and I've moved it from the marks both direction a little at a time and still no luck with the loping condition. ugh this thing is about to drive me nuts..

bubba_89

Reaction score
And also to add to my dispair I got told today to pack my sea bag I'm leaving in a week so I gotta get this thing running..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Your engine sounds like its timing is way retarded. You say it fired up. All the lines are bled out. Then you run it down the road and its now running ruff... Lopeing like a big cam 454... Wel it sounds like the injection pump advance finally came off as it warmed up. So advance the timing about 1/8 inch but please make a center punch mark in the pump to cover joint. Then move the pump and watch the circle become two half circles. That way you know how far you moved it and where it was if you want it back. So you didn't remove the gear and the cover and the pump as one unit...

bubba_89

Reaction score
Nope didn't remove the gear with the pump left it in there. So How do I advance it again from the center mark.. And what circles are ya talking about..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online