IP Idle Screw Missing

va350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My idle screw is missing from my injection pump and the throttle is resting on the cold idle solenoid. Does anyone know where I can get an idle screw without buying a new IP?

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm odd. wondering tho if it would just anything to just run it? Use the solenoid adjustment to set your idle and high idle when cold will be whatever it is? Definitely redneck tho...

hey maybe your screw is laying on top of the engine somewhere

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Maybe someone can get you a thread size and you can just pick one up at a hardware store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

va350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'll end up doing, finding a screw at the hardware store. I've been runing it without the screw for a couple years. The problem I have is when the idle is adjusted correctly and the cold idle kicks in it idles too high so I have to compensate for that and adjust the idle down.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you want to get the idle screw fixed properly, but also, that high idle solenoid IS adjustable.

With it engaged....engine cold....turn the plunger head with a 1/4 in wrench. It will adjust in and out, might help with your problem.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you have a magnet on a flexiable line fish around under the pump and intake manifold all the way to the back. It may have been screwed out too far and was dropped. You need a spring incorperated with this screw for it to stay set. Any good injection pump repair shop will have this screw and spring.. Or most walkin wrecking yards surely will have this. Even the chevy 6.2 and 6.5 engines used this pump but with a slight differece.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10-24 x 1" long. Hardware stores also have springs.

Attachments

• IP Spring hooking.jpg
    IP Spring hooking.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 38

va350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I found a screw in the shop yesterday that worked but I may get the right size with the spring now that I know the size. I put a dab of superglue to hold the screw in place as a temporary solution.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can fix you up with the right screw and spring if you need one. Sorry for the slow reply guys, I have been just super busy.