International / super duty turbo install

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Ohh I built the pump that is on it now. I can make 3 lanes traffic and the sun go out. I will tell you all a secert a DB2 pump is only capable of producing 25 to 27 HP per cyl actual engine HP within emision specs, even turning that screw as far as it can go. Now you can swap parts from a DB4 which is capable of 40 plus Hp per cyl. Larger barrel valve, larger Dia Delivery valves ( BTW this is what you are adjusting the travel on when you turn the fuel screw) and up the transfer pump pressure. and you can make a screamer. I have done alot with the fuel system just trying to run with the PSD crowed @ the pulls. I got that pump pusing all the fuel it physically can now. Pumping the propane now pretty hard to match the nitrous shot.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Ohh I built the pump that is on it now. I can make 3 lanes traffic and the sun go out. I will tell you all a secert a DB2 pump is only capable of producing 25 to 27 HP per cyl actual engine HP within emision specs, even turning that screw as far as it can go. Now you can swap parts from a DB4 which is capable of 40 plus Hp per cyl. Larger barrel valve, larger Dia Delivery valves ( BTW this is what you are adjusting the travel on when you turn the fuel screw) and up the transfer pump pressure. and you can make a screamer. I have done alot with the fuel system just trying to run with the PSD crowed @ the pulls. I got that pump pusing all the fuel it physically can now. Pumping the propane now pretty hard to match the nitrous shot.

thanks for that piece of info ;Sweet
what does that DB4 pump come off of

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
thanks for that piece of info ;Sweet
what does that DB4 pump come off of

I ordered new parts but they were put on stationary power equipment and marine apps. They were used on John Deere I know some perkins. The pump itself will not bolt to an IH. IH has it's own mounting pattern. A DB4 is more like a 6.2 GM mounting.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Correct, same mounting as a DB4 though. The DB4 has 4 delivery pistons instead of 2 that is what the 2 or 4 means.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Staff online