International CGES-435-1 Book

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yesterday my service manual from International was in so I paid for it and boy-o-boy is it full of some great informatiom. I finially know that the cam lift is and the duration. For those that need this info its intake lift at 0.2535 and exhaust is 0.25308... The timing is intake opens 17.2 deg BTDC and closes 42.8 deg ABDC. The exhaust is open 51.2 deg BBDC and closes 20.8 deg ATDC. There is really lots of information on every part of the motor. Just the rods have 19 differant measurements listed. If any one wants something I think I can find it listed in the manual. I was reading most of it last night and learned lots. I kinda do my best work in the dark....:D

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
ok,what are the differences in Turbo and N/A rods?Can a N/A rod be reamed for the turbo wrist pins?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
First off. The differance in the turbo rods and non turbo rods is the pin end . One is bigger at 33mm and the non turbo is only 30mm. Also the balance would be way off if you reamed out the non turbo rods. My turbo rods weighed about 1460 grams each and the non turbo rods weigh 1140 to 1156 grams. The non turbo rods at the pin end weigh 328 to 336 grams and the big end is 812 to 820 grams. All the idi rods are the same length, even the powerstroke rods are the same length. The only part of the psd rods thats differant from the idi rods is the bottom end width. Its about .131 thousands wider so that makes the two rods about .262 thousands too wide to fit the crank bearing. The service manual is what International supplied to the mechanics for any motor work. It id very indepth on everything internal to the motor. I bought it over the counter for $48.90. I also bought one off Ebay for a little less just so I knew I was getting it. I knew these motors had plenty of oil supply but never knew they were set up to supply an air compressor and a bypass oil filteration system. Thats what the 2 main oil gallery ports are under the oil cooler. I have not found out what the oil port at the bellhousing was for yet. Also these oil pumps have a design set oil pressure of 50 lbs. Not the 40 to 70 the books state. I still will be shimming up the spring in my motor when its done for the secod time....:mad:

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
What counter?

Where you find this book? What store...International or somewhere?
What years it cover?
$48 is OK to me with the info it sounds like it has.
BTW, also sounds like it just might be a bit over your head....better just send it to me & let me look it over....long term!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just send it to:
Ttman
C Oregon
it'll get to me. Everybody knows me....everybody is gunning...I mean looking for me!!:D :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
TTman. The manual I bought off Ebay was from Oregon. Sorry.... The other manual I bought from International here in town is the same manual. The stores name is Westrux International and its in La Mirada Ca. The phone number is 714-634-1995. The manual cover the 1991 year but really what I wanted is covered in this book.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
TTman. The manual I bought off Ebay was from Oregon. Sorry....
Probably one of my close friends.....& he didn't even tell me he had it either!!:mad:
Oh well....
Yeah, I stopped by Brattain International in Bend, Or today & they looked up that book #....$45 & no tax here in Or. But they didn't know what years it covered.
Sounds like a good book/manual. How many pages your's got? Lots of pics? I don't read so well, but sure enjoy the pics:D

If someone was gonna keep a look on Ebay for one, what/where would things like it be listed under? Everytime I try to Ebaylook for something, I always get everything I don't want.
(I guess I could buy one of everything, & hope I get what I really want, huh?)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
TTman. I bought it from Kim Plaster in Cottage Grove Oregon. The Ebay number was 270047241490. Deeproots. All the manual shows on the DB2 is how to install it or remove it. It does go into great detail about the injectors. The service manual for the DB2 pumps is part number CGES-475. In the front of this book it has this information for reprints. Forwards request to: Navistar International Transportation Printing, Procurement And Distribution 807 Blackhawk Drive Westmont, Illinois, 60559. I hope this helps out.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I was looking at 2 of those on eBay a couple of weeks ago, but didn't know if covered what I was looking for. Now I know I NEED one.

Tom

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Icanfixall, this revives your Thread from Nov'06 International CGES-435-1 Book for '91.
I assume this book probably covers other yr. specs....like '90 or so?

You also mentioned in I think post #9 of that thread about "The service manual for the DB2 pumps is part number CGES-475."
Do you have this one? Or do you or someone else here know how in depth this DB2 pump book would be?....how many pages approx?

Thanks