intercooler on a 6.9 hypermax

Ethan Smith

Reaction score
Howdy yall, i was seeing about picking up an intercooler off a 2001 7.3 and jeryy rigging it up to my 1985 6.9 hypermax f350. By the way i reckon i just tube that output of my turbine to the intercooler, and run the aur back to the intake right? Am i missing something here?

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how I would do it. You might want to call up Hypermax. They may even have the piping in stock so you don't have to rig or fab up a convoluted mess in your engine bay.

Ethan Smith

Reaction score
Yeah i should prolly call them again. Man those guys over there are solid. Theyve got everything but pistons for my engine and at a good enough price. Only problem is i was hoping to rat screw this intercooler together rather than go a grand in. It seems simple enough, just cool the air down. Heck all i really think i need is some solid tubing that can handle a few dozen psi.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can pick up piping kits for not a lot of money. The psd intercooler has been done several times. Look up a thread here titled “let’s talk intercoolers”. Lots of info on various setups there.