Intake hat gasket.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can i get a o-ring for the Intake hat to intake manifold? Or what can I use to seal it.
Maybe something that would fit another vehicle that I can pick up?

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Car Quest - Chevy Intake Gasket (for our air intake hat mounting surface) G 27098

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could have had a custom one made for about $5 at the local rubber and gasket shop, but I just used RTV on mine. I'm sure when I have to take it off, I will kick myself because it'll be a pain to clean off and reapply, but I don't expect to have it off very often at all. I got tired of the ones made out of cork like material that rip so easy, and the shop was closed when I wanted to put the hat on, so out came the RTV.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a rubber ring that works just fine, 5 1/4" carb rubber gasket I think.

Its holding my boost just fine so far

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just order a proper sizes square cut o-ring from McMaster-Carr. I got a Viton oring for mine that's 1/4" thick and it sealed it right up. No messy RTV, and the hat comes right off if I need it to.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I had a whole bunch made a while back but getting them to make them again is turning into a PITA.

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used an old vacuum cleaner belt lol looks like an oring just about a 1/4 inch thick and it holds 13lbs of boost just fine! I found it layin around the house lmao

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used an old vacuum cleaner belt lol looks like an oring just about a 1/4 inch thick and it holds 13lbs of boost just fine! I found it layin around the house lmao

some vacuums and other low power items do use big o-rings for belts.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a industrial hydraulic supply shop in your area, they should have several options for ya. I got a new one from "Royal Brass and Hydraulic" locally. For super cheap.

Heath