Intake Hat for ATS 085 Intercooler Install

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a 2000 PSD intercooler for my truck. Currently running an ATS 085 turbo kit.

My question is for those who have done a intercooler install with a 085 or 088 turbo kit.
What did you guys do for the intake hat? - the hershey kiss lookin' piece that connects the turbo to the intake manifold. I can just spin it on the intake, but it doesn't spin far enough before the hat runs into the turbo housing.

On a side note; I think I have room to run the pipes (I'll probably go with 2-1/2") after I relocate the dipstick.
In front of the radiator is pretty tight; I don't see how one could run an intercooler along with AC on a slantnose without some serious surgery. Seeing how I have all of the components for AC, but have never got around to putting it together and having it charged, this intercooler is going to concrete the fact that my truck will never again have AC. Doesn't get that hot around these parts anyway...

FoMoCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a ATS intake hat for the intercooler setup and mine has a long bolt to secure it to the intake. I did not have to move the oil dipstick or get rid of the A/C and there is room for the intercooler and the A/C heat exchanger (condenser)