Installed the PSD bumper opening to my '91.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Just thought i'd share. My friend got a plasma cutter so it literally took 5 minutes! ;Sweet

You must be registered for see images

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
That actually looks better than I thought it would. I like it...time to put an intercooler back there.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
that's on the list...one day. i'm either going to paint this bumper black or geta painted one and color match it and lose the push bar. then adding a 30" LED bar under the bumper. Going for the full blacked out look.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a sd intercooler would go form top opening of the grill down behind the bumper. that would work out well on my truck, I am going to look for one

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how much of the radiator is below the usually closed bumper in our trucks. Way back in 97 I cut 2 rectangle holes in my bumper. they are 4x8 I recall. Now I feel I'm allowing more air in plus.. They are a great built in set for working on top of the engine. I'm not short but really hate reaching towards the back of the engine on a box or ladder. These new steps allow my feet to slide in and rest of the torsion bar nicely.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking job. Where did you get the trim for it? If your going to paint the bumper black, I painted my brush guard on the 92 with sprayon bed liner from a rattle can over the chrome, sticks on real good, gives it a slight rough look. Cleaned the guard with brake cleaner first.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks really good. I really need to get a plasma cutter. Had access to one when I worked in the body shop, and I miss being able to use it whenever I want....

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm with gary.
I need a topside creeper.

How much different is a psd bumper from the brick bumper?

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how much of the radiator is below the usually closed bumper in our trucks. Way back in 97 I cut 2 rectangle holes in my bumper. they are 4x8 I recall. Now I feel I'm allowing more air in

I had no idea either, it's awesome to look in and see that beautiful aluminum radiator sitting there. I added a diamond pattern "skid plate" bolted to the bottom of the bumper on mine that spans back to the bottom of the core support. It holds itself rigid just fine with 5 bolts in the bumper and keeps most of that extra airflow going through the radiator.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online