injectors

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i plan on putting my new bb codes in tomorrow and was wondering what i should watch out foe when i start this an what are the common issues and fixes 4 these issues are just dont want any suprises when i do this and also i want to do the gps also but cant get zd9s around here but a few guys on here have had good luck with bosch gps and i was wondering what the general consensus was on them as a viable replacement option. as always thanks for any and all help fellas

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my zd9s from fleebay, from accurate diesel I think it was.....just outta, curiosity and need whered ya get the bbs?

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got them from e-bay 158 bones just had them checked at a shop they are with in 30 psi of each other which they claim it will run smooth and all checked out good but i figured hell for 158 why not give them a shot i would of gotn type4s but low on funds due to other projects i check for zd9s today but i wanted to them all at one time today

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Try to hold off until you can get the ZD-9s. The job is not any easier doing them at the same time. Best to do the glow plugs with a good quality set.

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just changed mine and found a couple that had some crusty stuff on them between the tips and the threads. When I pulled the injectors out some of the stuff fell off into the hole. I got it out by shoving a short piece of hose up on the end of a transmission funnel then had someone hold the end of a shop vac to the large end while i vacuumed out the holed real good.

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welp got the injectors in and the new return line kit thanks type4 for selling a top of line kit turned pump up 2.5 to 3 flats thing runs fantastic way more ass than before only thing is it idles like a stand with a mild cam its a little odd but with how she rurs i cant complain thanks for the help

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bosch worked great for me with 5-7 seconds of manual glow time. same story for a friend.

Only problem I've ever had was overglow when someone else held the buttons for a good 30 seconds. Killed all 8 because they were overheated - 5-7 seconds is perfect as it only takes about 5 for it to be red hot.
Not nearly as durable as Berus but they heat up quicker. Don't use them with the controllers because they overwork glowplugs hard. This neck of the woods will say Beru or bust. But I've never seen a bosch swell or break etc. Any glowplug can but the most common big no-nos are autolite and champion

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for the zd9s....my rig had autolites in it, I was so lucky none of them broke off. I did use quite a bit 'penetrating lube' tho

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using AC Delco 60G's in my rig and they work great, may take a little longer Glow to start it in cold weather but they can glow for a while without burning out.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
turned pump up 2.5 to 3 flats thing runs fantastic way more ass than before only thing is it idles like a stand with a mild cam its a little odd but with how she rurs i cant complain thanks for the help

You got a pyrometer? If not, get one or turn that fuel down. Don't wanna damage anything.

The change in idle may be the injectors. My DPS injectors idled the truck like crap. They leaked and had a terrible pattern. I know you had the rebuilt injectors tested, but that may not be free of issues. As long as it runs well, I wouldn't freak out though.

Heath

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chevytaHOE5674 where do you find those gp cause all the parts stores dont list them are they for the 6.9 and 7.3 ? hesutton yup got a pyro it sound real nice got asked who did my lope tune to day and was shocked when i told them it was an idi i am impressed with how she runs as of now but time will tell she hit 1300 on pyro today but soon as i saw it i backed off on the go pedal hope i didn't hurt her but it will peg the speedo no problem and just keep pulling before it hits 1000 deg which ih hit 1000 just getting to 60 before and at that time the pump was at stock setting

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal on the pyro. My 6.9 was a real EGT monster before the turbo was installed. After the turbo, EGT's havn't been an issue. We'll see if that changes with the addition of a Moose pump and injectors in the near future.LOL

Heath

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The delco plugs are for the 6.2/6.5 GM motors but they fit ours just the same. In the cold weather (-10* and colder) I sometimes glow them for 20+ seconds and she fires up and runs smooth as a whistle right off the bat.

gsxjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for my ignorance chevytaHOE5674 but any particular year 6.2/6.5 should i get them for if i have a 94 idit and hesutton hopefuly one day i can get the moose parts for my truck that or a pdm db4 pump that iv seen a few guys are running i think thatd be pretty slick