Injectors

wayfarnorth

Reaction score
How long should a set of stock injectors last? What are some signs that injectors are bad? And lastly where's the best place to get new ones, I don't need anymore HP but better mileage would be nice.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
you will see some added black smoke, fuel mileage will drop, she will develop a shake at idle. Typically injectors will last around 60-100k miles.

wayfarnorth

Reaction score
Well I think mine are orginal injectors...630 000KM on them, if they are....might be time to put new ones in. How about the best place to get new ones and how much should I expect to pay for them?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I would recommend http://www.piersdiesel.com/ these boys have quite the rep when it comes to the Cummins diesels. I have dealt with them and was happy. In fact they were recommended to me by PacBrake when I was having a problem with an exhaust brake and the guy at PacBrake recommended for me to talk to PDR for help with a solution of blowing gaskets.... And sure enough these boys know there stuff...

stonecrusher

Reaction score
You can get better mileage with bigger injectors, I realize it sounds like it is impossible but we just dropped a set of 150 in the 24 valve and the mileage has gone up rather nicely as long as you keep your foot off the floorboard

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Don't forget the washers for the return lines... other than that it's a straight forward deal. The injectors will need to be pry barred out.