Injectors in my 7.3

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the pyro probe location. Your saying it after the turbo. Are you telling us its in the outlet side of the exhaust AFTER it has gone thru the turbo??/ If so thats really not the best location. Adding about 300 degrees like Bill suggested is what your exhaust probably really is. A true reading is pyro in the collector just before the turbo. Some like to have it in the number 8 exhaust manifold area. When you get the exhaust temps after it has gone thru the turbo its used up much of its heat by turning the turbo. We really don't need to know what the after turbo temps are because its not going to help us with any tuning. Its spend heat by that time. On my Banks system it looks like the pyro in in the down pipe area but its not. Hope this helps. If yours truely is in the down pie and after the turbo then its in the steel pipe and not the cast iron collecter to the turbo.

swuchase1

Reaction score
i wemy and look at it again its on the cross over pipe from the driverside after the manifold that goes up to the turbo

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the update on the pyro location. Thats a good place for temps too. Banks felt it was better to install the pyro in the collecter just before the turbo. Makes working on it horrible.

dirtbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@lindstromjd thanks for your help. Your an ASS. I am asking questions because I Don't know , I am sure you were Born Knowing EVERYTHING straight from the womb. If you don't want to be helpful don't reply. chris142 said almost the same thing and was helpful in a more positive way.

Come on now, that's not fair to say. He's a very helpful member here and an asset to the idi community. He answered your question, so there's no need for the harsh words.

Anyhow, if you're looking for performance then I'd recommend replacing your injectors with ones from Conestoga diesel or R & D IDI Performance. I've heard good things about both. I personally have a set of rebuilt injectors from Pensacola diesel in mine, but it's stock and N/A. Runs great though.

Good luck

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on now, that's not fair to say. He's a very helpful member here and an asset to the idi community. He answered your question, so there's no need for the harsh words.

Anyhow, if you're looking for performance then I'd recommend replacing your injectors with ones from Conestoga diesel or R & D IDI Performance. I've heard good things about both. I personally have a set of rebuilt injectors from Pensacola diesel in mine, but it's stock and N/A. Runs great though.

Good luck

I bought brand new Delphi injectors from Pensacola and pop tested them (I have access to some pretty nice equipment for this). The pop pressures were all over the place, anywhere from 1650 to 1850. If you buy the same make sure you test them. Conestoga will sell you the same injectors but they will test and match them up for you.

Out of the eight I installed a year ago I had problems with one in particular; it occasionally pissed. I put it in anyway (after multiple disassemble and re-cleaning) and I recently removed the damn thing because it was still *******. Lesson learned: buy tested ones or test them yourself. If you have any doubts about one throw it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online