Injector pump rebuild/ new injectors

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So wanted to do a quick write up- picked up a rebuilt pump after a lot of deliberation between a rebuild and a new pump from Pensacola or the like. Went through Russ for he rebuild and the new injectors which are D code Stanadynes. The pump rebuild included an injection pump kit with the needed olives for the lines. Injector return kit came with more than enough hose and extra o rings.

Very pleased. I replaced the batteries with two new group 65 850CCA, replaced my melted glow plug feed line with a new cable made out of welding cable. Also replaced all my glow plug connectors. Truck fired right up with the new batteries and what a difference. I could tell both in sound and power just sitting still how much more powerful this truck is now with a revamped fueling system.

Highly reccomend going through Russ (typ4) for any rebuilt pumps/ injectors. Also, big thanks to riotwarrior (Al) for gettin me set straight on the correct IP supply line and fittings. He painted them, included the intake net I asked for, and shoppe everything to me just for the cost of shipping. I'd be lost without all the help from this forum.

Few pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2.
im surprised Al didnt sign the net LOL
on a side note, those hands are entirely too clean.... get some grease under them nails :D

Haha that picture was when the injectors came in last week. Usually my hands are so dirty after working on the truck I have to scrub my hands with dish soap and a Brillo pad to get the grease off.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Rub some motor oil or atf on dirty hands. It lifts and loosens ground in dirt. Then Dawn dish soap and they wash up clean every time. To remove stains on hands just wash dishes or wash hair.. If you have any...:angel: Glad you have it running again. No better feeling than listening to a well bread engine running with quality parts. So happy you chose not to buy from Pensacola. They are known for problems. Word is they test junkyard pumps. If they "pass" they clean them off and paint them. No matter who you buy from... Never buy a paints pump. Its hiding something dirty.
Last word on the steel hard return line running down the drivers side injectors. Way at the back is that 3 way fitting. That fitting has an olive inside it just like the filter to injection pump has. They do leak and very few owners have any idea this seal even igsists. The later 7.3 engines did not have this steel return line either. They used a much better return system and it is the larger 1/4 inch line. Any idi engine can run the better return line system.

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that little steel block at the back of the engine that the IP line runs into. I knew it had an olive but I didn't have one to fit it and NAPA looked at me like I was crazy. I'll keep an eye on it though and see if it begins leaking.

I plan to go through and replace the battery cables and possibly the starter with a little stronger starter for winter. Also need to install new senders in both tanks with screens and then put in a better radio head unit and get some good seat covers. Going to shoot for a new paint job next spring if I do well with plowing this winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online