Injector codes

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well since I guess I got banned from powerstrokearmy I'll ask here instead.didnt know you weren't allowed to ask questions over there lol anyway we were workin on my fsuperduty and tryin to figure out the miss which we did it was the vc gaskets but also one injector so we put one in from my 96 that I replaced thinking it was causeing my injector knock. Anyway I noticed the injector was an ab code and the trucks were all aa and ao and I think my 96 is all ab's. So does that mean the 96 was a Cali truck build date of 4/96.whats the difference kn the ab's an aa's I know the ab codes are split shot but that's all I really found.thanks y'all an sorry if this ain't allowed

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Haha I've been banned over there before also. Lol
Try this. https://docs.google.com/document/d/...bI07BOSvby4QB6v2lpf7m9s/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

See I can comment or make new post in any form but the obs help form lol the one I need. But I can comment in it just not make a post it makes no sense but I guess your only allowed to ask 1-2 questions a month lol

That helped some but which are better. Will I make more power with the ab codes and a custom burned chip verses the aa with a custom burned chip.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which injector hole is it?
i know on the 99+'s #8 has a different injector to make the noise quieter in the cab

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Correct. Also a fuel rail crossover would do the same thing.
It's because of the deadhead design on the SD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk