Injection pump removal with timing gear

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats no problem here. We make every attempt to correct whats wrong with the information given out. Sometimes seeing is better to learn by that talking someone thru something. Asking questions never gets old here. I'm sure I have answered the same question several thousand times in the last ruffly 20,000 posts I have done. I don't ask many questions here but sure enjoy helping others.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a little clearer.

Attachments

• timing gear marks..jpg
    timing gear marks..jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 62

gandalf

Reaction score
... Last time I tried to post a new pic I could not gigure out how to transfer from my computer where all my pics go originally.

Okay Gary. Here's my offer. Next time you want to post a picture to the forum, call me. Before you call be sure you have the picture on your computer, on the hard drive, and then call. If you catch me at my computer, or when I can get to my computer, I'm sure we can 'gigure' this out. I'll walk you through the process, step by step.;Sweet

helidiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay Gary. Here's my offer. Next time you want to post a picture to the forum, call me. Before you call be sure you have the picture on your computer, on the hard drive, and then call. If you catch me at my computer, or when I can get to my computer, I'm sure we can 'gigure' this out. I'll walk you through the process, step by step.;Sweet

Wow Gary that's one hell of an offer! You should jump on that. Much better approach here.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks Ken. I will do that. I just hate to bother you like that. I'm really embarrassed that I do not know how to do this... I will call. Thanks..:hail:hail

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To tell if you are at TDC on compression or exhaust, remove the front cover on the IP gear cover. The alignment dowel on the gear and IP will be at 4 o clock on compression TDC, and 180 degrees or about 10 o clock on the exhaust TDC. The picture on post #13 shows this relationship.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To tell if you are at TDC on compression or exhaust, remove the front cover on the IP gear cover. The alignment dowel on the gear and IP will be at 4 o clock on compression TDC, and 180 degrees or about 10 o clock on the exhaust TDC. The picture on post #13 shows this relationship.
***...now why the heck did I not think of this rofl....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:rolleyes:Al..... I too was thinking about this pic. I even have looked at it many times and did not see this. I know I have talked about that pin location but putting it together with the proper top dead center number 1 cylinder has escaped me. See how new eyes can see something thats right in front of us. Bill.. Thanks for removing that crank extra timing dot. I'm amazed you have the ability to modify someone else's pictures. Its all magic to me..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online