Injection Pump Leak

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok I have some fuel seepage that is going on at the injection pump coming out of the output port where the metal fuel line hooks up, it does not appear to be the line that is leaking it appears that the big sleeve deal is leaking. I suspect that this is the area where the delivery valve lives.

Does someone have a parts blow up on the injection pump so that I will be armed with a little bit of information before I go diving in blind. I don't really like going in blind but I will if I have to...

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
i'll have to check at work tomorow,the caseih maxxums use the 5.9.
we might have a breakdown of the pump.by your description it's the rotary pump correct?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep the old P pump one...

This fuel leak is giving me headaches - white smoke on start up with some chugging at first then once all the air gets bled out we are up and running smooth.

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
travis i didnt forget about you,ever have one of those days called a monday? -cuss damn farmers and there gehl skidsteers anyways :backoff :D
first thing in the morning i'll see what i can up with

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
not a problem... I had a week of mondays last week - I was on my knees for three solid days at work yanking a gear box/motor combo that 2nd trick kept screwing up - so trust me I understand...

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
well,our books dont show jack crap as far as a breakdown of the IP. :mad:i have step by step if you need to R&R the pump cookoo
but,i did however do some talking with the old dog of the shop,he thinks there is a copper washer under the barrell/delivery valve.
but he also remembers that there is locks on the barrell,because you(or the pump shop) can adjust the amount of fuel pressure by removing the locks and turning the barrell around the delivery valve.
i guess i would try your local pump shop travis,maybe they can give you more info.
i'll try to do better next time for ya,you know how us old IDI guys are right :D :angel:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rancherman84 said:
but he also remembers that there is locks on the barrell,because you(or the pump shop) can adjust the amount of fuel pressure by removing the locks and turning the barrell around the delivery valve.
Are you describing to Travis another way to BOMB his truck?!? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Let's see how quickly he can burn his Cummins down NOW...stopwatch, anyone? :D

rubberfish

Reaction score
You talking about the big nuts on top?
One of those is leaking?

Attachments

• 42_1.JPG
    42_1.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 12

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
cool - I'll have to take a good look at them tonight - I'm sort of rushed this morning - gotta get ready for work.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok got some time this morning here at work...

Ok it's seeping out from the mating surface between the hold down clamp and the body of the pump. Looks like the green thing is an o-ring?

rubberfish

Reaction score
argve said:
Looks like the green thing is an o-ring?
Bingo..... :D
You'll need the "special socket" to remove that part,
and match up a new O-ring. I'm not sure where you can get the socket localy.
Maybe from a "Snap on" or "Mac tool" truck. If not, Pier's has them too.
Travis, I can't remember if we torqued it back down,
or just used the 2 finger tight rule.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726