In light of recent events. . .

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Adtman... Welcome to a great forum. We tease a bunch here but we really like it here. I came here from std and have been very happy being part of this forum for a long time... Some here even think I'm a celebraty because I got an article written about me and my truck in DieselPower magazine... I was flattered but I'm still just one of the many great members here that will help you with whatever it takes. We seem to help those that need it. Sometimes I really need some help too. I know... I have no shame....:angel:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Who is razzin ya?I'll get the call out to all the boys and pays him a visit;Really.The brotherhood will looks out for ya.We have our ways of persuading people:idiot:.....Vinny is gettin itchy to play with his new toy:backoff and and Iz jus gotta new shovel.......:Thumbs Up

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Glad to know you are going to make this right, I know that my 12,000 stickers will come to $3,360, so if you'd like I can just take your truck instead of the cash, feel free to drive it out here when you get the cash, but let me know so I can arrange a return flight for you on a private service.

You must be registered for see images attach

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had to fly in that, I'd stay over water too. LOL

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Ok, three guys are pooped tired from traveling all day and decide to rent a hotel room for a night. They walk in to the front desk and the desk keep says $30 for a room. Each of the three lays down $10 and happily heads to the room. Later the manager finds out that the men were charged improperly because rooms are on sale for $25. He prompts the desk keep to return the $5 overcharge to the three men. The lazy desk keep summons the bell hop to return the $5 to the men. On the way up to the room the bell hop concludes that he isn't going through all of this for nothing, so he pockets $2 and gives $3 back to the men. Arriving at the room, each of the men get a $1 returned to them for the overcharge. Now, put your thinking cap on and listen here. Each of the three men laid down $10 initially and got a $1 back for a total expendature of $9. Right? So each guy spent $9, times three is $27. The bell hop has $2 in his pocket bringing the total to $29. Where did the extra dollar go?:confused:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want us to do MATH on sunday morning, WTH:mad::backoff

This actually isn’t as much a math problem, as a logic and semantics problem. It took me a few minutes to spot the logical fallacy in this problem. I knew it was there, but it was difficult to spot nonetheless.

This is a semantic fallacy. The premise is false, which you can see when you work the equation backwards. The men do pay a total of $9.00 each (total of $27.00) for the room, but only after you add in the amount they tipped the owner. They paid $25 dollars for the room and they gave the owner $2 as a tip. ($25 + 2 = $27.00). At this point the only thing to add back in to get to the original $30.00 is the $3 the men received as a refund. ($27 + $3 = $30)

Or to simply it further:
There is a misdirect in the problem when it says that when you do the math each man paid $9 each for the room, plus $2 tip. They don't. They pay a combined price of $25.00 plus the $2 tip. The problem sets up a set of facts:

* $30.00 was originally given to the hotel owner
* Correct price of the room = $25
* Each man receives $1 dollar refund = $3
* The owner receives a $2 tip
* $25 for room + $2 tip for the owner = $27
* $30 - $27 = $3 which is how much the men receive back as a refund.

Those are the facts. Once you separate those out, you can see the misdirect in the puzzle. There isn't a dollar discrepancy as listed, all the money is accounted for.

Wording things in misleading ways is what allows swindlers to make a living. By wording it the way they have in the problem, you actually add in the $2.00 to the owner twice, and you don’t add in the $3.00 rebate to the men at all, which leaves you short $1.00.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
yup, that's an old one
Russ explained it right, even though he took a long time to do it l, but remember, he's used to dealing with customers and having to explain to idiots why the oil change on their IDI cost more than the oil change in their prius......

or why you need to clean the threads when you're changing your injectors....... LOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt explain it I copied that from a web page, I cant think that much till after lunch on sundaysLOL

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I always forget about the time difference,:dunno sorry guys. I wouldn't have even attempted to write that one out without a couple of cups of java in me. I am quite amused to see the fallacy dissected and explained,:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao however. I almost can't wait to buy acouple of shirts and stickers so I can feel violated as well.
Mel, are these shirts going to be available in kids sizes? Just wondering. Are kids shirts going to be less expensive due to the fact of less material?cookoo I'm kidding, really. When you get all of the info about these shirts, you can set up a web site and charge us for the knowledge that we will be about to obtain. I seriously hope everybody can agree that our shirts should be made in the USA.;Sweet That is money well spent in my eyes.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
No worries on the USA thing with Mel....

He'll just run down to his local Walmart and them up....

*ducking and running for cover*

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I seriously hope everybody can agree that our shirts should be made in the USA.;Sweet That is money well spent in my eyes.

Very good point!

I bought a set of 2ga jumper cables on Friday.. Paid $89 for them.. Right on the box, it says: "Proudly made in Pennsylvania, USA!"

I was in Autozone yesterday and saw a pair of 2ga cables for $46.. You have three guesses, as to where they were made and the first two do not count!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online