I'm a dum@$$

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
well ik i got a bad tierod but i wounder if its bad cause of my wheel bearings being too loose lol i hand tighten them till thers drag and call it good .. guess that method il change tomaro or the next day dont drive it much any more cant aford to it only gets worked or sits and gets worked on since i have nothing to put in it i gotta tinker around with junk to make it better

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tires have less than 1k on them from the factory
And I do have a set of tires that I put on and it doesn't do it as often only if I "make" it do it
And the shake is coming from the front. I'm lost on this and am prolly just gunna put it in the shop. First truck I've ever had to do this too and it's killing me.

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around 40. And braking doesn't affect nor cause it. Same tires on the back an no shake from the back

bullwhip

Reaction score
I thank that ur bushing in ur bar from frame to axle mite be bad. If its new it mite be wrong. I had this prob. I looked at local auto parts stores and they couldn't find me the bushing I needed they just wanted to sale me the hole bar and they said its wasn't rebuildble. So I bought a steering shock bout once ever 2 months and that wood keep my truck from having deathwobble. Knowing that this way could not be right. I found acc. of neopreen bushing ( thank kit was for 70s ish Chevy front end) $20 kit it was worth a try. I was in luck couse some of the bushing in the kit was close to the size I needed just a little over size to fit in the bar. Had to beat it in with #5 hammer. Getting it back in was a real pita but I got it and everything was real tight. 2 years of driving no deathwobble. I know I probably didn't fix it the right way but its been working fine.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Around 40. And braking doesn't affect nor cause it. Same tires on the back an no shake from the back

AS I previously mentioned, the tyres are just magnifying the issue and making it WAKE up if you will more than stock sized tyres.

You had mentioned that you can MAKE this happen with stock tyres, this indicates to me it is not the tyres that are the issue.

Clearly there is something not right in your front end and until that is addressed PART by PART....if that means a complete diss assembly of all the parts and a good solid physical inspection...then that's what it needs! What about a cracked part? Be it Track Bar mount brackets, or bushing eyes? What about a cracked Knuckle or spring mount?

So much to thoroughly inspect. Take it to a reputable shop, have them fully inspect / check everything and deal with it that way. If you yourself at this point have not had success in finding the culprit, I strongly encourage you for your safety and that of others to have this professionally taken care of. Yes that will cost you $$$ but how much does dead cost or worse...maimed and crippled....dead never costs as much as maimed and crippled for life...How much is a good nights sleep worth????

... maybe I'm wrong...but I suspect others here would mostly agree....

JM2CW ...

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed those bushings with some that are for that bar and I was looking at it and I think my whole axle might be off. The bar isnt straight it's crooked a lil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchellen2