IDI.. what to look for?

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im goin to check out two IDI's this week, one with the sidewinder banks kit, and one stock. dont know if its N/A or turbo, may even be a stroke, its a 94 and he hasnt gotten back to me. i know to look for the gp's bein weak, the e4od but im not worried about that ones been rebuilt and one has 150k. what else should i look for?

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks man thats such a big help, whats a solid flywheel go for?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks man thats such a big help, whats a solid flywheel go for?

You can get an entire kit (SMF, clutch, TOB, pressure plate, blah, blah...)from South Bend or Fort Wayne for roughly $600. You can also get kits or just a SMF that are cheaper at NAPA.

Heath

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is auto. guess i wasnt thinking when i asked that question lol

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
im goin to check out two IDI's this week, one with the sidewinder banks kit, and one stock. dont know if its N/A or turbo, may even be a stroke, its a 94 and he hasnt gotten back to me. i know to look for the gp's bein weak, the e4od but im not worried about that ones been rebuilt and one has 150k. what else should i look for?

If the 94 is an auto it is a IDI for sure, powerstrokes did not come with autos in 94

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i knew that. guess i was thinkin of that zf5 swap;Sweet but im still not sure if im gonna get it. i hope i can get one of em, ones got 201k with mods, and ones 150k with a plow.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I'll sell ya a 99 F550 4x4 7.3 6 spd for 5500 If ya want a REAL truck
You must be registered for see images attach

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hesutton, i checked out your 7.3 IDI. *******! what a nice resto project. absolutely CHERRY truck. i wish i could own it.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol na i cant do it man. still in high school so i gotta pick up girls in my rig. if it was a 4x4 dually pickup then id trade you my cummins lol

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh i didnt know it was 4x4. and ok you didnt have to be a jerk about it. just jokin lol