I thought this was cool,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
So I bought it,... :Sly

Seems to be a good truck but the OD doesn't engage, the tranny works fine other than that. so I posted it over in the Dodge forum but I just thought you all might like to see it.

Any hints on the OD?

Attachments

• 92 dodge sleeper.jpg
    92 dodge sleeper.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 104

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
So I bought it,... :Sly

Wasn't cause of the purdy li'll girly decals on the vents was it? :eek:

:rotflmao

Looks like they did a pretty heavy duty job stretching the frame too. ;Sweet

Too bad I got sidetracked checking out the new toys ya got last week that I totally fergot to jack that dually up and grab them thar ALCOAS. ;Really

Ehh maybe next time. :D

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Any hints on the OD?
I presume you are talking that this is an auto? If so the fix is somewhat easy.
the OD is a externat bolt on off the main body of the trans. Six bolts should have it pulled off and the stealership will have a rebuilt unit ready to go. Last time I bought one i think it was $450 exch. do check for debris in the pan and flush out the system. The bolt on OD's are sensitive to bad fluid.
Now if you are the manual....bend over and grab your butt-cheeks...those are very pricey to work on let alone find parts...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
It has the stock auto tranny, sorry should have cleared that up,..

I presume you are talking that this is an auto? If so the fix is somewhat easy.
the OD is a externat bolt on off the main body of the trans. Six bolts should have it pulled off and the stealership will have a rebuilt unit ready to go. Last time I bought one i think it was $450 exch. do check for debris in the pan and flush out the system. The bolt on OD's are sensitive to bad fluid

Thanks Towcat, I will check into that, I wondere if there are another OD uints avaliable any cheaper than the steelership. I will chekc E-Bay also.

Wasn't cause of the purdy li'll girly decals on the vents was it?

Looks like they did a pretty heavy duty job stretching the frame too.

Too bad I got sidetracked checking out the new toys ya got last week that I totally fergot to jack that dually up and grab them thar ALCOAS.

Ehh maybe next time.

Hey Ron, I was wondering if you saw that sitting back there when you stoped buy, thanks for dropping off that stuff, sorry I missed you Sat.

What is cool is if you open the little vents on the sleeper, you can see the girls in the morrors all of the time! :Sly

Lori wasn't real crazy about the stickers,..

Thanks,

Black dawg

Reaction score
those older dodges wont get od till a certain temp, dont know if its trans temp or coolant temp, but you drive for awhile before you get od. maybe something wrong there?

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
what girly stickers....Pics....Oh,what will the price be on that rig.....Oh did I say that out loud!!!!OOPS.

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Wow, I'd like to see more details on the box. So that's something that can be bought ready made? (just the box)

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The od solenoid in the dodge trannys can get plugged with fuzz from the convertor clutch. If it is clean pull it down and replace the tc and reseal as necessary and go with it, unless it freewheels in od then it takes all the fun out of it.$$$

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
those older dodges wont get od till a certain temp, dont know if its trans temp or coolant temp, but you drive for awhile before you get od. maybe something wrong there?

I will give that a try, I only drove it for about 4 miles each time so I will take it for a longer spin and see what happens. I didn't have time to do anything with it today.

what girly stickers....Pics....Oh,what will the price be on that rig.....Oh did I say that out loud!!!!OOPS.

It is a stratigicaly placed cowgirl in a bikini,..Check my website for a price, it may go up if I have to put some money in the tranny,.

Wow, I'd like to see more details on the box. So that's something that can be bought ready made? (just the box)

There are Hot Shot rig manufactors out there that custom make them by streaching the frame and adding the sleeper. This one is a real pro job! ;Sweet

The od solenoid in the dodge trannys can get plugged with fuzz from the convertor clutch. If it is clean pull it down and replace the tc and reseal as necessary and go with it, unless it freewheels in od then it takes all the fun out of it.$$$

I guess I don't understand what you mean by.....

"If it is clean pull it down and replace the tc and reseal as necessary and go with it,"

you mean pull the TC Silinoid?, or the actual Torque Converter?

I am getting more help here than I am in the Dodge Fourm, Thanks Guys!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Ummmm,that is scarry.....The IDI folks know more about the Dodge?Ummm,whats wrong with this picture........

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View Post Yesterday, 09:23 PM
ManageDarrin Tosh
This message has been deleted by Darrin Tosh. Reason: wrong forum
[\Quote]

Here. Let me help you. LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member