I NEED HELP!

ZachStack

Reaction score
Alright guys...anyone in the Indianapolis area? I need some help. Im trying to pull my turbo off of my 1993 F350...its not going so well. I have turbo unbolted it from the pedestal. unbolted the uppipe from the manifold ive gotten it to move but i cant get it out. has anyone around here done it and could help me out? I dont have alot of cash to pay someone buy ive got beer and who ever helps can have the old turbo. I need to get my truck running so my apartment complex wont tow it...

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like an 093 as he unbolted the up pipe. I would put a long pry bar type flat head on the joint from bottom an smack it hard. Spray lube it an let it set a bit. Or easiest fastest way is to heat it up with torch.

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question, but have you unbolted the up pipe from the hot side of the turbo and also taken the oil feed line off. Also take the bolt out of the intake hat, it will free up some working room also. Once you have the oil feed line, the intake hat unbolted and the up pipe unbolted from the turbo; it should lift straight out.

Removing the up pipe from the exhaust manifold should drop down when the cross over pipe and manifold are unbolted. This was the only way that I know of in removing the entire system from one of our trucks. The up pipe has to come out through the bottom side.

Hope this helps....

ZachStack

Reaction score
I have tried unbolting the up pipe. we managed to get one nut off and the others are rounded. it happens i guess. All Data said to just unbolt the cross over pipe and and the up pipe from the exhaust manifold and twist the turbo clockwise and pull up....but that didnt work. im probably going to have to cut the other nuts off and go from there. we got the drain back tube off and oil feed line off. :dunno

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
not really sure what has you hung up. the two times i have pulled my turbo, i left the up-pipe connected to the hot side of the turbo.

oil feed line off, two nuts that hold the turbo to pedestal, cross-over pipe off, if you can get it off take the y-collector off the exh mani and also off the up-pipe, lift turbo up a little, take intake snail off, and then it was just pull it right out from there. it really is a simple process, but like i said, not totally sure what could be holding yours in.

jbm6900

Reaction score
I gained a lil more wiggle room by removing the last injector. Lots of Blaster @ the slip. Pull push pry cuss & out it came w/ the up pipe attached. Hours of entertainment... Oh, & I didn't unbolt the Y pipe until AFTER I got the slip apart.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726